My debt struggle

Options
2»

Comments

• theroamingnomad
    Options
    Good luck with your journey. You seem to be being honest and holding yourself accountable when necessary - that will hold you in good stead :)
    Debt-free by January 1st, 2019.
    £4905.87/£5124 - as of 24/03/18
  • ryry91
    ryry91 Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    My Monday!
    Managed to place quite a few qualifying bets on my matched betting! Should make me a good £5-10 profit over the next week (not including my regular bets) so I am very hopeful for the end of the week.

Also paid £120 off my Very account, meaning I have reached the 10% mark on paying off my balance!

I also had an interview today for casual weekend work which is really flexible for a charity I have worked with previously, they seemed keen so fingers crossed!

Happy Monday People!!
    Survey Savings for Xmas 2018: £5.08 / £150
    Debt Free Wannabe 2018
    Jan '18 Debt: £8068.15
  • laurag89
    laurag89 Posts: 728 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ryry91 wrote: »
    It's as I say to my friends:
    Living a champagne lifestyle on a lambrini budget! Except I never stuck to the lambrini budget otherwise I wouldn't be in this mess!

I just noticed your signature Laurag! I like the idea of doing surveys as a way of saving for xmas! I might just have to copy you :P

I am exactly the same, like the finer things in life but just do not have the budget for it!

Surveys are a really good idea, depending on the site you use it can be quite time consuming but some give vouchers which are great for keeping for birthdays/ xmas, and other give paypal cash which can go to the debts!

Prolific Academic is a really good one, but there are loads out there!
    Total debt to pay: £14,071.41/ Remaining debt: £12,884.12: Amount Paid: £1,187.29

Survey xmas 2018 savings: £10 / £150
  • ryry91
    Options
    laurag89 wrote: »
    I am exactly the same, like the finer things in life but just do not have the budget for it!

Surveys are a really good idea, depending on the site you use it can be quite time consuming but some give vouchers which are great for keeping for birthdays/ xmas, and other give paypal cash which can go to the debts!

Prolific Academic is a really good one, but there are loads out there!
    I have been using QMee for a while and have made a little bit of money from it, not much bout £6-7 over a few months, but I might look into Prolific Academic! I have seen that mentioned quite a few times in the forums.
    This year I am not going to be stressed from spending at xmas! I had to leave things to the last minute because I needed to wait to be paid etc and it got all too hectic!
    Debt Free Wannabe 2018
  • ryry91
    Options
    Successful day today!
    Managed to bag myself a flexible job working with a charity! Need to work a minimum of 2 hours a month! So hopefully will be able to work a few hours over the weekends to earn a bit of extra pocket money!

That is all for today!
    Happy almost Friday!
    Debt Free Wannabe 2018
  • ryry91
    Options
    Naughty Naughty...
    I bought myself something on the credit card!
    It was kind of a "you are cutting them up so might as well have one last treat" kind of mentality which is totally wrong however, I have paid half of the purchase off straight away, and I get paid from tutoring before the end of the month so I will be able to pay the whole thing off before hand. However I totally get I shouldn't have done it in the first place. I even took myself through the "do I need it or want it" scenario, but I still bought it as an impulse purchase.

This has then also made me realise one of my triggers, shops have your card details remembered to make purchasing easier. Too easy in fact! It is just so easy to click it and think "oopsie" and not really care about what you are buying, so as a result I have removed all card details from shops that do not require card details to be stored! This way I will not do this again!

Hope everyone is having an awesome weekend!
    Debt Free Wannabe 2018
  • ryry91
    Options
    Feeling a bit rubbish today...
    I thought about trying to shift some debt onto 0% but not even the "Low Credit Score" cards will offer me a deal. I thought if I could get one of my credit cards onto a 0% then at least I would be able to pay it off quicker.
    Does anyone know of any good ways - other than paying off said debt - to raise my credit score? I have never missed a payment in my life! I thought that would have stood me in good stead?
    Debt Free Wannabe 2018
  • ryry91
    Options
    Been a bit late posting an update!
    But here is my weekly roundup:

- Have arranged a start date for my weekend job so should be able to find out what the pay will be like.
    - Matched betting has returned another £20 this week through dutching and a few decent offers.
    - Paid up DJ for upcoming party and started to put away some money for spending money for an upcoming holiday.

All in all not a bad week.
    This week I am going to try and focus on building my survey savings for Christmas!

Have a good week everyone!
    Debt Free Wannabe 2018
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business