Are you a mutual lover? poll discussion/results

Options
2»

Comments

• leeds55
    Options
    I rely on a good internet banking service. I was promised this by Nationwide but they failed to deliver. Will stick to what I know for now!

Can we ask which other Internet Banking Services you have used? Over the past two years, I've regularly accessed Nationwide, NatWest, HSBC, Llloyds, Abbey, and a bunch of credit card provider's offerings, and Nationwide is easily up there for reliability and functionality.
    Were you sending emails or 'secure messages'? I've had a good response rate (always < 48 hours) from the latter.

When I talk to others, my use of Nationwide is ideological, but I do find them pretty strong on customer service & general 'usability'.
  • petersandyglen
    Options
    We have used the National Farmers Union for all our insurances, we find they are always the cheapest, but more important, the best
  • January_Embers
    Options
    I've used Lloyds & Nat West. Never had a problem with them. Took around 5 days to get a reply from Nationwide over why the internet banking side of my account wasn't working and then the problem wasn't fully resolved. I didn't think that was very good!
    Like I said earlier, just one of those things I guess.:confused:
  • leeds55
    Options
    I've used Lloyds & Nat West. Never had a problem with them. Took around 5 days to get a reply from Nationwide over why the internet banking side of my account wasn't working and then the problem wasn't fully resolved. I didn't think that was very good!
    Like I said earlier, just one of those things I guess.:confused:

Maybe. The only time I've talked to their technical people was to make feature requests, and it's easy enough to respond with "we'll look at it"! I guess if the service was never fully setup for you, you wouldn't have had the chance to see how well it works or how reliable it is:think:
  • allean01
    allean01 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    I always use Mutuals if I can.

Nationwide for banking, both personal and very small business.
    Standard Life - who were mutual - for pension
    NFU for insurance - car and buildings/contents
    and others for PHI etc
    Mortgage is not, but when we took it out we needed a non-status, so went to the company that gave us the biggest loan !

My only gripe is finding business savings accounts - nobody seems to offer a good rate and, my "local to work" Nationwide branch has gone all hi-tech - which works fine for personal banking, but not for the business account.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure