We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
mortgage application - business ownership problem
edjs
Posts: 1 Newbie
Hoping someone might be able to help me out of a sticky situation.
Story is: I'm looking for a mortgage which takes into account my salary plus retained profits within my business, there are a few lenders who do this.
The problem being that whilst the company is 100% mine, when it was set up my father was added as 50% shareholder, no logical reason why this was the case, possibly bad advise from accountants. I've now come to apply for a mortgage and lenders are telling me they can only accept 50% of my profits. I've explained the situation that my father has never had anything to do with the running of the business and he's never taken any money from it.
Initally both Yorkshire bank and Virgin said it's no problem as long as I get a letter from my accountant explaining the situation. I provided the letter and both said there had been a mistake and they couldn't do it after all.
I need 100% of the profits to be used for affordability reasons. I have seen people have had similar (if not identical problems) so am hoping someone can offer a solution or suggest a company who may be able to see common sense here.
Thanks in advance
Story is: I'm looking for a mortgage which takes into account my salary plus retained profits within my business, there are a few lenders who do this.
The problem being that whilst the company is 100% mine, when it was set up my father was added as 50% shareholder, no logical reason why this was the case, possibly bad advise from accountants. I've now come to apply for a mortgage and lenders are telling me they can only accept 50% of my profits. I've explained the situation that my father has never had anything to do with the running of the business and he's never taken any money from it.
Initally both Yorkshire bank and Virgin said it's no problem as long as I get a letter from my accountant explaining the situation. I provided the letter and both said there had been a mistake and they couldn't do it after all.
I need 100% of the profits to be used for affordability reasons. I have seen people have had similar (if not identical problems) so am hoping someone can offer a solution or suggest a company who may be able to see common sense here.
Thanks in advance
0
Comments
-
Definitely a job for a broker. Niche, non-score card lenders may be able to helpI am a Mortgage Broker.
You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards