2018 Benbenandme's Next Battle

Options

Comments

• benbenandme
    benbenandme Posts: 12,176 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    So spends this weekend ... last night = £1 for the car park and £15 on drinks. Today = £40 on petrol, £6 on lunch £12 in Sainsbury's on the way home getting bits for lunches this week.

My Sil's birthday is next week so I've ordered her present from Amazon, I will transfer the £20 from the gift fund into the 2018 fund.

Today's 3 reasons ...

• My car was reliable for my epic journey today
    • I got to listen to my choice of music in the car (doesnt happen if ds is with me)
    • Have managed week one of my Swagbucks daily goals for this month
    Mortgage Total: £55,900 / £75,000
    2024 Savings: £2532
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh BenBen&Me, I'm so sorry for your loss and the terrible car journey.
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Thanks Florence, today has been an okay day, just a normal Monday really but it felt more like a Friday as I'm tired.

I have only spent £2 today (milk for the office). I've almost reached my swagbucks goal for today, nothing much else to report. We've had dinner and it's bath-time now, then an early night for me :)
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    So sorry you ended up missing the funeral - I hope you were able to take some time to yourself on Sunday to remember your friend in your own way.

Sorry to be nosy again benben but can I ask a question about daily goals on SB? When you talk about reaching your daily goal is that the first one they give you or the second?
    At the moment I am just trying to reach the first one which is 30 and has been for over 2 weeks now, I don't even attempt the second goal.
    I am following a FB page that better mentioned and some people on there go for their 2nd goal every day - I saw one goal was over 1000 (the lady achieved it!!) and was just wondering what others do.
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Hi EE, no worries, I'm quite happy to chat Swagbucks stuff, I don't know anyone in real life who does it so it's fine to chat on here :D

I try to reach my first goal so that I am staying on track for my winning streak. If I get the second goal its a nice bonus but it's not the be all and end all for me.

I have picked up some hints and tips from Betterthanever on the MFW board, the best ones being:

1. Join the facebook group called UK Swagbucks Prolific mintvine (carries on is a long name ....). They have tonnes of helpful tips on there for getting to goal
    2. download the various apps on your phone and let them play through during the day while at work, I mute my phone and leave it charging all day while it does them
    3. try and get a survey in fairly early in the day as there seem to be more available then
    4. I do try and do my daily to do list (on the right hand side of the homepage), most are quite easy (daily poll, search, crave etc). For discover I go on to adscend media and then click on any of those engageme tasks and leave it to play by itself while I get dinner / have a bath etc, it gets that one crossed off easily :)

At the moment there is a new round of Swago started today, that's another good way of getting some extra points. If anyone is still thinking of joining Swagbucks please please please use my referral code and it will help me cross off another box on my list :D The code is http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/bbandme :D:D
  • benbenandme
    Options
    So I've just realised I forgot to do my 3 reasons last night :o I will do today's though:

• My bank switch bonus has been paid in today :)
    • I had to go to a meeting offsite first thing so had an extra hour at home this morning :)
    • When I returned from my meeting I managed to spot a fab parking space (normally if you're late in you have no chance)

As mentioned above my bonus for switching banks has come through today, so that's £250 added into my brothers pot :T :T I also chased the csa as I haven't had that payment (again) and they have released it and it should now be on it's way to me.

Today has been a nsd too which I'm pleased with. I can't believe it's still only tuesday but hopefully the week will start to go a bit quicker soon :cool:
  • benbenandme
    Options
    I forgot, I also cashed out another £5 from swagbucks today:money:
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Morning, my second bank switch bonus has been credited this morning, so another £130 into my brothers pot :T A great start to the day :D Let's hope it continues ....
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Thanks for the info benben.

I am also on better's diary and it was because of her that I brought a cheap smartphone to run the video apps, I have been taking it to work and letting it run through all day - usually by the time I get home I have met my target and then if I have any spare time I can start on the To Do list but if I don't have time then it doesn't matter as I have met target.

I have also joined that Facebook group, some of them seem very hardcore!!!
  • benbenandme
    Options
    This week is dragging sooo slowly :(
    Today was fine, nothing memorable but all okay. I spent £7.50 in Sainsburys tonight on batteries for ds bike lights and a couple of other bits. No other spends to report today.

I've done my swagbucks goal, the house is a tip but I'll blitz it at the weekend :)

Still chuffed about both bank offers paying out, that was a nice chunk crossed off the list of expected earnings for my brothers fund. This weekend I want to move money about and check on all the banking stuff.

My three reasons today are:

1. It was still daylight when I left work, made me feel really positive!
    2. We are at least over half way through the week now ...
    3. I opened a yummy M&S box of Belgian chorcolate biscuits ... a yummy xmas leftover that was much appreciated now the cupbards are back to the noraml usual dull stuff
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family