PlayStation Network Voucher Consumer Rights

My elderly father went in to the Game Store to ask for a gift voucher. He was asked was it for PlayStation and was subsequently sold a PlayStation Network Voucher he asked why he didn’t get a card and was told that was all he needed.

My question is has he been missold this as he asked for a game voucher and was sold the PlayStation network voucher. He does not understand about the technical jargon he just wanted a games voucher. When we went into store we were told they can not refund the PlayStation network codes even when I said he wouldn’t have understood and would have asked for a games voucher. The supervisor said that if he was answered yes for a PlayStation that is what he was sold.

Please help!

Comments

• spadoosh
    spadoosh Posts: 8,732 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I think you might struggle with this one.

A playstation network voucher is non refundable. So simply returning wont happen.

You could try making a complaint and seeing where that gets you but im not seeing the same misselling you are. More a customer who doesnt know what theyre buying. Did your father ask for advice in picking the right one? If so youre complaint should have more weight but if hes just accepted the first option then its buyer beware.

Probably easier than trying to get this rectified through game, is there no family/friends who have a playstation who would be willing to buy the voucher off him?
  • Yes we are going to see if we can sell on. He didn’t understand and they didn’t really explain the options. Why can’t these vouchers be refunded or exchanged?
  • marcarm
    marcarm Posts: 1,205 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    NorthCurry wrote: »
    Yes we are going to see if we can sell on. He didn’t understand and they didn’t really explain the options. Why can’t these vouchers be refunded or exchanged?

Because there is no legal right to a refund/exchange etc except for your statutory rights, so companies can put restrictions on their products as they want as long as they don't take away your rights.

How does Game know it's not been used and recovered? Or even a genuine voucher and not a copy?

Virtually all companies refuse the return of vouchers, Game are not unique here
  • I think they are also activated before purchase, which causes complications with refunds.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure