Options
2»

Comments

• 00ec25
    00ec25 Posts: 9,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    daverave7 wrote: »
    I'm still stuck to whether HMRC will accept a part payment by CC. Guess I'll just try!
    I'd be surprised since it states on the page you quoted from in your first post and was linked in the reply from Sheramber 2 days ago (my bolding):

"If you’re unable to pay your bill in full by card, you should use another payment method like a bank transfer."
  • daverave7
    Options
    00ec25 wrote: »
    I'd be surprised since it states on the page you quoted from in your first post and was linked in the reply from Sheramber 2 days ago (my bolding):

"If you’re unable to pay your bill in full by card, you should use another payment method like a bank transfer."

True. But it's the word "should" rather than "must" strikes me that there might be some leeway (will see!). I wish the HMRC could have made more effort in communicating their change in rules... a couple of months ago there were no restictions on CC payments - so that's why I'm where I am. I have a back up plan involving money transfers but that's going to be costly.
  • daverave7
    daverave7 Posts: 262 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just to update on this, which might help others in the same situation. HMRC have accepted two payments by credit card and I'll be making a further payment by debit card.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure