MSE News: Council tax bills may rise by almost 6% - here's how to cut your costs

Options
2»

Comments

• minislim
    minislim Posts: 357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    the other thing is one of the precepts is for public transport to the greater manchester area.
    but the village i live in lost its regular bus service and now only has a skeleton service that stops at 7pm.

all those who live in the village should get a discount due to the lack of services.
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,459 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    minislim wrote: »
    the other thing is one of the precepts is for public transport to the greater manchester area.
    but the village i live in lost its regular bus service and now only has a skeleton service that stops at 7pm.

all those who live in the village should get a discount due to the lack of services.

And those of us who don't have children should get a discount for not using schools. Etc etc
  • Arthurian
    Arthurian Posts: 798 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Isn't a lot of council tax to fund council staff's pensions? I tried to look for this in my council tax bill's explanatory leaflet, but perhaps it's hidden in "other expenses".
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,459 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Arthurian wrote: »
    Isn't a lot of council tax to fund council staff's pensions? I tried to look for this in my council tax bill's explanatory leaflet, but perhaps it's hidden in "other expenses".

The details of the budget should be on your council's Web site.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure