🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Sell your story/letters/photos... official MoneySavingExpert.com discussion

Options
14567810»

Comments

• mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    About 20 yrs ago I had a true life story published in more I had £50 for that it was funny reading tree version name changes - add a bit of glitz, beat bit my then ex never realised it was about him!

In 2014 had a photo of me and dd in take a break - we got £50 for it x
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • FennecFox
    Options
    Hello,

This afternoon I witnessed a very angry delivery man smash a neighbour's parcel against a wall after writing out a 'sorry we missed you card'. I managed to get a film of it on my phone. I couldn't see exactly where he posted the card but I posted a note in the letterbox of who I believe the parcel was for, saying what I had witnessed and offering to send the video.

One of my initial thoughts was to write to a newspaper reporting the incident and I am posting for advice on whether that should be something I could do or on what action I should take up next. If anyone has any thoughts I'd really appreciate it.

Best wishes!
  • A_Phoenix_of_Tangerine
    Options
    FennecFox wrote: »
    Hello,

This afternoon I witnessed a very angry delivery man smash a neighbour's parcel against a wall after writing out a 'sorry we missed you card'. I managed to get a film of it on my phone. I couldn't see exactly where he posted the card but I posted a note in the letterbox of who I believe the parcel was for, saying what I had witnessed and offering to send the video.

One of my initial thoughts was to write to a newspaper reporting the incident and I am posting for advice on whether that should be something I could do or on what action I should take up next. If anyone has any thoughts I'd really appreciate it.

Best wishes!

Great idea, IMO! Did you get the name of the company he works for - did he have a uniform, or did you spot a branded works van? Offer it as a story to the papers / magazines, and if you have no luck how about posting it as a YouTube video warning against this courier in your postal area? (You could of course also report it to the chap's company - find a head office email address...)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure