Winter coats

Zola.
Zola. Posts: 2,204 Forumite
First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
Belfast area: Any shop recommendations for a casual, warm winter coat?

I have a nice formal coat I use for work and nights out, but I am after a casual outdoors type coat.

I went to new TK Maxx today in Lisburn and it was brutal, awful selection. Next was too young in their style and M&S was more on the formal side which I am not after.

Not wanting to spend more than about £100..

Are there any good outlet shops anywhere that you can recommend for a bargain?

Comments

• RikM
    RikM Posts: 811 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Go Outdoors?
  • Zola.
    Zola. Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I haven't actually been there before, will check it out! Was thinking of decathlon as well maybe.
  • Have you tried the 'snow' jackets in either Lidl or Aldi?
    For £20 they are great value and really cosy :)

(I don't do stylish so can't say)
  • I am not in NI, but this year I got a very nice Anorak type Jacet from GAP on sale for about £45. I like their things because they are quite long in the body (they do a shorter size if your under 5ft4ins). I am retired so their things are not just for the young!
    Also I have a long waterproof coat with a detatchable hood that is lined and washable.. It is from a maker called Jack Murphy. You can buy them on line. well worth a look. I have had people stop me in the street and ask me where I bought it. Mine is now 9 years old and when it eventually wears out I will buy another.
  • RikM
    RikM Posts: 811 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    LIDL can be good, but it's all timing, as their stock is not constant. I've got good coats, boots, for the kids out of LIDL... You have to grab them when you see them though.
  • lauraland
    lauraland Posts: 1,677 Forumite
    Tesco actually have some nice coats, very reasonably priced and look to be great quality
    I got ham but i'm not a hamster.....
  • spo2
    spo2 Posts: 245 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    It's a trip to one of the outlets - but Mountain Warehouse have some nice stuff online
  • have you tried the equestrian type shops? I know it's not near you but doagh equestrian have a website. yes some of their coats are def only for horsey people but they do some lovely warm casual coats. well worth a try.
  • RikM wrote: »
    LIDL can be good, but it's all timing, as their stock is not constant. I've got good coats, boots, for the kids out of LIDL... You have to grab them when you see them though.

Aldi still have a good selection available online with free delivery.
  • spo2
    spo2 Posts: 245 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Aldi still have a good selection available online with free delivery.

Do they deliver to Northern Ireland? I didn't know this!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure