PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Sunday 3 December 2017

Options
nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 3 December 2017 at 8:09AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Sunday 3 December 2017

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Now getting light here, not so cold.

DH and myself up and enjoying first peaceful cuppas, I'm now about to have porridge for brekkie too. Went to bed very early last night as I'd not slept very well the night before, so now my body clock is out of sync.

Dinner last night was pizza, chicken portions, curly fries, coleslaw/pasta salad, today we'll be having roast beef, roasties, mash, cauli/broc cheese, carrots, brussels, peas, yorkshires and gravy.

Yesterday afternoon was very chilled, as was last night, today will be much the same, I'll be prepping the lunch and then organising the pack ups ready for tomorrow whilst the lunch is cooking.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning everyone

I slept well for a change last night and only woke up once which was good for me, and I feel much better for it this morning. I got up and made myself some tea and toast and took it back to bed and watched a bit of TV.

This morning my brother and sister in law are coming over. They said that they are going to bring me a few treats as I haven’t been able to get out. It will be nice to see them and they can park here and walk into town to do some shopping as I am only 5 minutes from the town centre.

There is a Christmas street market on in town today and I would have liked to have had a look around but I daren’t walk on my leg yet. I’m hoping I’m able to walk on it by next Wednesday because I would like to go up to the town for the late night shopping. There is always a lovely atmosphere and a neighbour has suggested that we have a look around and then go for a drink. I am starting to go a bit stir crazy now and badly need to get out for a while.

Anyhow, hugs to everyone who is poorly at the moment and struggling with life.

Have a good Sunday everyone whatever you are doing.
  • ancientofdays
    Options
    Morning all, grey and drizzly here but not very cold.
    Family still asleep, I'm about to start doing preps for Sunday dinner, roast beef etc. I must make yorkshires.

I have been up for a while, listening to a mouse rustling about but haven't seen it. Letting agent dropped in yesterday to pick up the emergency radiators for someone else to use and I reminded her about the back door. She took a photo and said that she thought it had been done. Er no. Apparently she will get onto that on Monday. Wait and see.

I need to empty the wm and drape stuff on hangers so will wish you all a pleasant day.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Morning all.

Thanks for the thread nmlc, take care Holly, hugs to all those in need.

I was awake for a couple of hours during the ight despite spending g a few hours wrangling three year old twins, a 12 year old and a dog..

I have two huge worries neither of which I can post about until the situations are resolved, and I can be kept awake for hours with nonexistent worries!

My lovely CHS worked really hard yesterday and made a wine rack into a spice rack and made an insert for a drawer to give me more work surface.

It's time I put the kettle on and got the fire going.

Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    christmas_music_zpse1961ec4.jpg

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]The First Noel, the Angels did say
    Was to certain poor shepherds in fields as they lay
    In fields where they lay keeping their sheep
    On a cold winter's night that was so deep.
    Noel, Noel, Noel, Noel
    Born is the King of Israel!
    [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] :xmassmile[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]
    [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]
    In my calendar – Father Christmas :rudolf:

Morning :santa2: [/FONT]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]CRANKY My calendar is Cadbury too and I remember a couple of blobs from last year – perhaps we could help each other out with identifying them? :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I've got a lot more energy this morning and my tastebuds have started working again. Just rice krispies for breakfast but they tasted fabulous :D I'm going to flick through my diary today and see exactly what I need to catch up on, then write a plan for the next few days so I can get back to my normal routine.[/FONT]

:beer:
    Bulletproof
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good Morning chums had a short but deep sleep last night and was awake by 6.30 even though I put my light out by 1.30 :)
    This morning I am going to nip into Chatham to see if I can get a terramundi pot for my eldest DD.On amazon they are about £20 odd but if I can find the B&M in Chatham they apparently have ones for about £3.00 as it will eventually be broken £3.00 sounds better and its only a little gift to go with her main presents :) I go into Chatham about once or twice a year at most as I am not a great shopper and large towns make me irritable,but as Rochester has the Dickens festival on hopefully most folk will go there and Chatham town centre may be quieter :):):) that's the theory anyway.I may walk along to the Making Miracles stall and see how its doing afterwards.I was supposed to do an hour or so yesterday on there but life got in the way as usual.but it will be interesting to see if the blankets are selling OK.Altogether all the squares knitted made over 80 blankets for babies which will be sold to raise funds I made 11 of them :):).Plus one of my quiz team is dressing up as father christmas so its something I must take a photo of .I shan't bother with the car as its too hard to park at this time of the year down there. I will get the bus instead :)

Racking my brains to think what I can get youngest DD for her birthday on the 19th of this month Her Christmas presents are all sorted but I always struggle buying a birthday one Maybe I will get inspiration when I am out. Plus leaving the car behind means a mulled wine and hot mince pie can be eaten at some point :):):)

Have a good day chums what ever you are doing and keep warm and dry

JackieO xx
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,778 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning all,

We had a lovely time at our friend's elf party yesterday. I t was mostly small children and there were only about 8 of them so it wasn't a hard work event. The HT is very good friends with the party giver's sister so the older ones were happy to have a few hours together too.

Today is going to be a "take it easy but do the ironing" day as my leg is still a bit sore. I'm also hoping to get a bit more of my knitting done.

Thank you tru. I had no idea what today was either but the HT managed to identify it.

Take care all of you
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning all :wave:

Very grey and damp here today but better than ice

Cooked the roast chicken yesterday it certainly wasn't what I would call large but thats Asda for you.
    Despite this I was very old style and stripped it down to make 3 me size portions of roast breast for sunday lunches, 3 portions of chicken tikka masala and finally the bones and any remaining meat went in the slow cooker with a load of veg to make a stock.I reckon that will make me at least 4 portions of chicken and sweetcorn soup today....all in all a good haul from a 4 quid chicken I reckon.

I did of course wreck the kitchen cooking so today I need to bring that back up to standard once the soups made.

Sunday Brunch today with the lovely Simon Rimmer:D will have to clean kitchen in the ad breaks :o

Enjoyed Strictly last night but I really hope Alex is in the dance off with Debbie as the are both the judges pets so would be good to wipe the surprised look off their faces when the judges crawl all over them

Food tonight will be chicken dinner with leeks and sprouts roast tatties gravy and the obligatory yorkshire pud :)

Hope everyone has a restful Sunday :A
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,286 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Happy Sunday everyone :)

Woke at 6am wide awake after too much tonic in my gins last night for DHs birthday outing to a local gin distillery Christmas event :D Came down & curled up with the cat under a fleece blanket to watch the cricket but got fed up so watched Strictly instead!

DS2 & DDiL are here...well he is cos his shoes are by the stairs, I think she has gone out early to do a work thing in the next town. DH is sleeping off his gins upstairs ;)

Plans today include picking up my car, choosing our Christmas tree, making a chicken curry for tea and quite possibly a snooze on the sofa later.
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,026 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

Dry, bright and fairly mild today, may chance putting the washing out for a while.

Yesterday's christmas market was a lot better but not that many folk through the door. It's the first time they have had one there but it was nice and spacious and more importantly very friendly. We'll not do it again but was good fun.

Shopping to do this morning then an early christmas dinner with friends, they have another friend who will also be away over the festive period so we can all celebrate together.

I have a tealight advent calendar, quite nice but they do all smell the same!

Hope you all have a good Sunday, take care. XX
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,658 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Grey and drizzly here in a East Anglia but cosy in the house and have just enjoyed bacon butties, the dogs have also had their weekly treat of a rasher each :D
    Later today we are going to a service of remembrance at the hospice where darling Mum was, its called Light up a Life and Mum is a star on their Christmas tree, will take plenty of tissues as know it will be emotional but as always my lovely man will be there at my side.
    Other than that not much planned, my friend will bring Lulu in for me as not enough time to do that before the service.
    We have some chicken for supper which will be all prepped and ready for when we get home.

Thanks for the carol TRU, hugs to all poorlies and those struggling, happy Sunday folks x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure