We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Secured or Unsecured Loan Advice

According to EQUIFAX my credit rating is "Good". I would like to borrow £50,000 and remortgaging isnt an option as I dont have suficient money in my property. I have been on Moneysupermarket and First Plus is the cheapest amount payable, however it is secured and I have to pay back approx £90,000+. Who should I turn to for the best Secured and/or unsecured loan??

Thank You

Comments

  • suzy83
    suzy83 Posts: 105 Forumite
    Hi,

    £90k sounds about right if you wanted to borrow £50k.

    For example 8.9% APR over 10 years total amount payable £74,686.80. This is with a company called Nemo Personal Finance.

    Keep on looking for the lowest APR and make sure that you are able to afford the monthly payment or you risk loosing you home (like i did).

    Good Luck xxx
    Bank Charges refunded from Halifax £2600
    Bank Charges refunded from halifax joint account £554
    Credit Card Charges refunded £300 plus interest
    I'm proud to be dealing with debt!!! :T
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.