Barclays partner loan declined

I applied for a loan for an electrical item today through a company using Barclays. They sent me a password etc for me to log in and check the loan progress. After completing the basic loan paperwork online I'm asked a series of 4 questions presumably to check my I'd. I complete these and a few hours later check in using my password. The loan agreement is there and they ask me to provide I'd etc and sign the document. Meanwhile I look at my phone and there's a message asking me to phone Barclays. The person I speak to has v poor English and proceeds to ask me a series of id questions again. She's difficult to make out and I tell her that some of her questions don't make sense. 20 minutes later I get an email telling me I've been declined and when I use the password to check the loan progress it's gone and there's a refusal in it's place. I phoned Barclays but the only person I can speak to is the girl I spoke to earlier and she tells me she has no supervisor or line manager who is can speak to. So frustrated at this, any advice

Comments

• The company accepted and then declined , surely that's unusual
  • sandraann wrote: »
    The company accepted and then declined , surely that's unusual

Just ignore them - they are trolling threads on here.

Do you have any defaults or other issues? It probably went to manual underwriting and you didn't meet their criteria in the end. It does happen - check your credit files to see if there is anything unexpected on there.

You could probably appeal but not much point if it was manually reviewed anyway. Even if your credit is "perfect", you might just not be the profile of customer they want at the moment.
  • I think I was accepted then refused on the second, presumably unnecessary, Id check . Shocked that they have agents with such poor English and tell you there's no-one else in the entire building who you can speak to.
  • bazzyb
    bazzyb Posts: 1,584 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    sandraann wrote: »
    The company accepted and then declined , surely that's unusual

It does happen although with a company like Barclays Partner Finance then I would usually expect it to go referred rather than accepted and then declined.

It sounds like it was a conditional acceptance and you have failed some kind of check post acceptance and they have therefore declined. I wouldn't bother trying to appeal personally.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure