PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Thursday 30th November O/S Daily

Options
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good morning chums ,woke up at silly o'clock this morning and decided as I was wide awake I wouldn't waste it in bed ,so already I have put the washing machine on and stripped and remade the bed with fresh stuff :0

Had a really nice evening last night at the Making Miracles charity tea and buffet thank you to the volunteers .Great work done for the folk of Kent and, even all the left over odds and ends we were told to use up or take home so I came home with an orange, two apples and a kiwi fruit and half a dozen small sausage rolls which my DGs will nibble this afternoon after school.Plus some more wool for the blankets and I met another lady there who will knit several white squares for me as I am always running out of white squares. 'The Big Knit' at Rochester Cathedral produced over 2000 of them and they have been sewn together to make 80 odd baby blankets which will be sold to raise funds for the charity,(I managed to make and sew 11 of them :):)) The charity is spreading outwards and now covers Dartford,Swanley ,Gravesend and the Medway. It raises awareness for families with prem babies and for the Mums who have lost their little ones and need counselling and help.

I like to do my bit as I enjoy knitting and it keeps my fingers busy while watching TV,I also knit for The Linus Charity as well .

At the moment as well as that I have my grandsons wife to make a blanket for as she is in New York with my DGS and I have promised her one as well as my forthcoming first Gt.granddaughter who is due to arrive in March,so plenty to keep me busy :0

Its my eldest DDs 50th this saturday but with her pa-in-law being so poorly in a hospice its not going to be a brilliant one for her .She has not had a good deal of luck with BIG birthdays as her 40th she was running me back and forth to the hospital after my mastectomy and following chemo.But we will get through things as we do in the family.

This afternoon after school three on my DGS are coming to put up my tree, and decorate it as they do every year:) I make them some mince pies and they do all the work ,seems like a reasonable exchange :)

I hope every one is warm and dry as the weather is pretty nippy at the moment and Jack Frost has been about outside and the cars are all sparkling with some white ice .

Right time for a shot of coffee I think .

Take care chums if you are driving, as the sudden drop in temperature can mean black ice is around

Cheers everyone

JackieO xxx
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Thanks for the start JackieO, you're certainly busy.

Cold again today but I'll go and thrash the water at the pool before work which always warms me up.

Washing up to date and all organised for the school fair tonight, not sure that we will sell anything but it's worth a go.

Hugs to all with worries and/or poorliness.

Not much else to report, how's the kitchen coming on RR?

Have a good day, take care. XX
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Morning JACKIE and all to follow. Brr it's minus 1 here and not set to rise above 2 all day!

Flying visit from me as we have the 2 bus and 1 train trek to Leeds for Mr TA's Oncology injection. But first I have the 3 DGDs to rouse and get ready for school. Youngest is off on a school trip to a museum somewhere and she is all excited as she will see Egyptian mummies but she has no idea where the museum is!

For once we do not have to rush back from Leeds as the DGDs are not back tonight for tea and sleepover. They are most put out that they will not get their usual weekly fix of Bolognese Bake!! DD's early shift tomorrow has been changed to a late one so she will be able to take them all to school. We will pick them up after school instead!

Congrats to FLOSS. Well done you.

Have a good day folks and wrap up warm. ((HUGS)) for all who want/need them and take care xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

jackieO - thanks for starting us off x

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit, will wake him shortly.

Still dark here and cold, slightly frosty too.

Dinner last night was fish, chips/jacket potato, beans/veg, I remembered to get the chicken out to defrost so tonight will be HM chicken, bacon and mushroom pie, mash, veg and gravy.

Work yesterday was a strange day, the all or nothing scenario, but now on days' off until Monday. I have the ongoing "to do" list. I'll just be working my way through, getting done what I can, and I do need to make and steam the xmas puds, that may become a job for tomorrow once I've been to do the food shopping.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone :hello:

Wow it's a chilly morning here for sure. I have already put the heating on as my lovely friend is coming over for breakfast in an hour or so. Her son is dropping her off here for a couple of hours before he heads off to college. It will be so lovely to see her, we don't get together as much now as her husband has been diagnosed with dementia and she doesn't like to leave him for long.

I had a great phonecall with Becky yesterday. She sounded much more upbeat and happy and we spent a little time talking about her upcoming birthday. She wants to just go out for lunch with me so I am looking around for a nice restaurant. I am so looking forward to her coming home on Friday and then we are putting up the Christmas decorations on Saturday.

I've taken out some chicken breast to defrost for dinner tonight. I am fancying a good hot curry to warm us all up. I have some naan breads as well to go with and I might try my hand at making some onion bhajees. It shoould help with poor Steve's cold as well as his nose is alternating between being blocked and running like a tap. He has manfully gone to work though as they are desperately short of inspectors due to others being off with sickness.

Phoebe helped me have a good sort through of some cupboards and drawers yesterday. It works out well as she gets to earn some extra pocket money and I get a clean and tidy house :D. I will need to tackle the kitchen cupboards next as they are too full of stuff including the plastic tubs which seem to breed as soon as you take your eyes of them.

Well that's all from me for now, hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to, take care xx
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning everyone

Floss – congratulations on the job.
    Gers and Lainey I hope that you are ok and that you are recovering well.
    TA I’m pleased that Morning Mr TA got his Oramorph but how frustrating for you to have to wait in for a phone call like that.
    Redruby It sounds like the kitchen is coming along nicely.
    Nelski –I hope that your mum’s GP can sort out something to help her and then with a bit of luck will ease the situation for you.
    Nannywindow – enjoy the class assembly.
    I had forgotten about TRU’s festive treat, I’m really looking forward to it.

It is really cold this morning. I hope that you are all keeping warm.

I plan to stay in the warm today I’m not sure that I could walk that far still and I really don’t want to risk another fall, with the icy pavements.

It will be another freezer meal today. Something nice and warming I think. I’m not sure what though. Most of the quick meals are in the freezer in the outhouse so I’ll have a look when it is light.

Hugs to everyone else who is poorly at the moment and struggling.

Have a good day everyone whatever you are doing
  • ScarletRibbons
    Options
    Good morning all and thank you Jackie O.
    Cold and dry here, none of the sleet or snow, which was forecast. Yesterday was terrible, heavy sleet showers and a strong wind.
    Just plodded along yesterday, and I think today will be similar, except that I'll go to my card making class this afternoon.
    Glad to hear positive news about Becky DUMPLING, and hope Mr and Mrs TA get through their day ok,
    Hope everyone has as good a day as they can.
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,763 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all,

This morning's plan is to take the sulphite allergy by the horns and start making my own bread. I'm thinking soda bread so I'm calling into Sainsburys after the school run for some organic wholemeal flour and some buttermilk.

I hope all the people with aches and pains are feeling better and I'm glad to hear that Becky sounds more cheerful Dumpling.

Take care all of you :)
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Morning all

Thanks for the thread JackieO and hugs to all those in need.

Another one here looking forward to Tru's festive postings.

I've done my early morning chores that include taking hubby to work for 6am, feeding the ducks and swans, wiping the condensation of the windows, emptying the ash pan and rebuilding the fire, it stayed in all night thankfully as it -1 last night.
    I've had my breakfast & now I need to start on my second lot of chores, emptying the ash bucket outside, emptying the car, yesterdays shopping (wood for a project) is still in there, I also need to clean the bathroom, put the WM on and put some clean clothes away.

I shall keep an eye out for the local boat engineer, he was working on a nearby boat yesterday so I made him a coffee as the boat is unoccupied, if he's around I'll make him coffee again.

have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Hounds were restless in the night so I was awake more than I was asleep. Good job I love them.

Not much to do today but im sure I can find something.

Onwards and forwards

Have a great day all
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family