25 replies 4.2K views
13»

Replies

• phillwphillw Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Caddyman wrote: »
    I was going through our tin and jar cupboard and I found a jar of carbonara sauce from a well known German supermarket....

I buy most things from a german supermarket, but only fresh food and not any of that processed rubbish. Some of the stuff I buy goes mouldy before the use by date.
  • badmemorybadmemory Forumite
    4.2K Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    My first thought was - I need a bigger fridge. Then I wondered why. Any fruit that was going to last longer by being kept in the fridge is not going to get eaten anyway.
  • tgroom57tgroom57 Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    I've discovered I can freeze-dry broccoli and mushrooms, if I leave them unwrapped at the back of the fridge long enough.

• I always find the sauces/ketchup things to be a controversial thing, I know no one besides me that puts them in the fridge.

That being said I keep them there months and months despite it saying they only last like 6 weeks when opened.

Similarly for things like pickle and beetroot people I know just store the half used jars back in the cupboard.
  • PollycatPollycat Forumite
    31.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Savvy Shopper!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dekaspace wrote: »
    I always find the sauces/ketchup things to be a controversial thing, I know no one besides me that puts them in the fridge.

That being said I keep them there months and months despite it saying they only last like 6 weeks when opened.

Similarly for things like pickle and beetroot people I know just store the half used jars back in the cupboard.
    The label advice on sauces says to keep them in the fridge after opening and use within.6 weeks.
    We don't and never have (and we're still here).
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Students - apply for uni funding NOW

If you plan to get a place via 'clearing'

MSE News

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides