Employment Contract & Training / Notice.. Now leaving.

Options
2»

Comments

• TBagpuss
    TBagpuss Posts: 11,204 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    If you don't sign it, but still turn up for work, you are accepting it. If you don't accept the part about the training costs you need to say so, now.
    All posts are my personal opinion, not formal advice Always get proper, professional advice (particularly about anything legal!)
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    Do you have any evidence of when the contract was given to you?
  • dickibobboy
    dickibobboy Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Unfortunately not, i have as much evidence as they do about giving me it in the first place if needed.
    Things that are free in life are great, well most of the time :beer:
  • jobbingmusician
    Options
    IN which case I would be tempted to write to them thanking them for giving you your copy of your proposed contract ('proposed' gives a nod to the fact you aren't going to sign any old rubbish) on [insert date here] and asking if you can have a meeting to discuss issues raised by the contract. One of these will obviously be the fact that they are proposing to implement a charge of which you had no knowledge.

Do they know you are thinking of leaving? How does it affect your plans if you arrange this meeting in one/two/three weeks, tomorrow, next month? In our place we're all so busy that we can't normally schedule extra meetings within a week, but I appreciate you might be dragged into a meeting almost immediately if anyone suspects you are going to query contractual terms. In any case, you writing to them will form a record from your side of when you received your contract. If they are not devious enough to challenge that record, it could stand you in good stead.
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • jomay1
    Options
    hi new to this site
    can anyone advice me as I think my employers are breaching my contracted pay, as some of you may know there has been discussions over the national minimum wage to care/support worker who do sleeps, the company I work for have offered settlement figures to a handful of my colleagues with the help of unison, my claim was rejected as I am a senior and I am on a higher rate of pay due to my qualifications and my job role, so they have deducted x amount of money from my hourly rate which is £9.90 an hours (which is stated in my contract) to make up my the national minimum wage hourly rate for the 2 sleeps I do a month (which works out at 16.50 hrs a month ) that's how they have worked it out so on the other hand a support worker who does the same hours as myself and the 2 sleeps a month and gets the 7.50 an hour for there sleeps and in their contract it states that they are on £7.80 an hour therefore across the board it increases their hourly rate to £8.83 and hour where it lowers my hourly rate to £9.41 I know it doesn't sound much but over 2yrs it mounts up and also we are both contracted to 150 a month (on a 4 week pay)
  • jobbingmusician
    Options
    (Please note that jomay has now worked out how to open their own thread, so please respond on the separate thread rather than this one)
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure