Newbie - too many phone calls already

Options
I've only just started and my phone has lots of missed calls - I suppose they're not all PRIZES!
I can't use my phone at work.

Do you guys use a spare sim for this? Any pay as you go that you recommend if yes?

I worry that I miss the call for a prize.

Comments

• mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Greenlady wrote: »
    I've only just started and my phone has lots of missed calls - I suppose they're not all PRIZES!

Do you guys use a spare sim for this? Any pay as you go that you recommend if yes?

Some people get a cheap PAYG phone/sim.

I have averaged about one phone call a year for 91 months and in the same time had over 640 wins so I don't find calls excessive but I do take care about what I enter.

Although a bit out of date this thread has details of how some companies contact winners

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=526089
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,761 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Greenlady wrote: »

I've never had any phone calls. Are you double checking you're ticking/unticking the contact boxes, and only putting in the phone number where it's mandatory?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • hamsterfan1
    hamsterfan1 Posts: 8,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've only had a few calls in 7 years of comping. Do you only enter comps on here? You will not win any more by allowing 3rd parties. to have your details
    proud gran to 4 lovely boys and one little girl
  • topaz13
    topaz13 Posts: 157 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Make sure that you are opting out of phone communications wherever possible, as mentioned above.
    Register you number with the telephone preference service - it means that if anyone then cold calls you, they are breaking the law. Unfortunately it only works for UK calls, not those annoying foreign call centre ones. You will still get winning calls, as these are not classed as cold calls.
    I get maybe one cold call every few months, tell them I'm registered with TPS and they are breaking the law and they soon hang up.
  • sleepyjones
    Options
    as above, I think I've had a couple of phonecalls over the time I've been comping, one was for The Times trying to get me to subscribe and the other was from a window / blinds company ... probably Everest but I'm also thinking it might be something to do with blinds.
  • Greenlady
    Options
    I'm starting to think I won something yesterday and I didn't tke the call (I can't use the phone at work). But I got spam texts as well, so I need to be more careful with my details and the competitions I enter.
  • Hollbeach
    Options
    Before I found this notice board I had entered a few random competitions here and there... I forgot to untick boxes and ended up getting charged rpremium rate for spam text messages! I don’t think think some of the websites I used were necessarily official but very frustrating!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure