“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,374 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Good resolution on the bullying.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Must be better today no phone call so far :)

Appointments all spoken too and sorted follow ups when we have the things we need.

Painted the hallway and started on the stairs. Will do second coat tonight but hoping to get first coat on going up the stairs before smalls are home.

Youngest is taking a nap don't worry I haven't left her to look after herself :rotfl:

House is definitely starting to feel like a home :D

Think wallpaper going up Friday and then I can sort Xmas tree etc over the weekend. Fingers crossed!

Even managed to get the ironing and windows done this morning :D Amazing how much can be done when youngest is at school for the morning rather than helping me :o

Not a NSD need to take DS for his hair cut. Amazon also took money for some things coming Monday, need to transfer money out of DLA pot over to my account later. Think she might need a bigger size in school shoes too will get that checked at weekend.

My to-do list is just growing :rotfl:

Also going to try and squeeze in ice skating this weekend £20 for the 4 of us but older two really want to go! Providing they'll let me take all 3 smalls on my own. If not might have to bribe someone to come with us.
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • GeorgianaCavendish
    GeorgianaCavendish Posts: 2,387 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 5 December 2017 at 4:22PM
    Options
    Wow Wannabe, there is no stopping you! Can't believe how much you've managed to get done with decorating and all the wonderful activities for the smalls, on top of managing so many health appointments etc. I really hope you realise what an inspiration you are to everyone reading your diary, and to your three children too :)

We've only got 3 interior doors and 1 external door. The advantages of living in an open plan apartment I guess! (Not counting the cupboards in the kitchen though ... )
  • GeorgianaCavendish
    Options
    Oh my goodness, I somehow missed the last 2 pages of your thread! So sorry to hear about the bully at your son's school, and good for you that you spoke to the teachers about it. That is definitely not on and important for all involved that it is nipped in the bud. Your poor son going through that!
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,382 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Full marks to you for alerting the people who could do something about it to the bullying AND to the school for dealing with it- horrid situation but you definitely did right. Great that the school picked up on his bad behaviour as being an indicator of a deeper problem too.

Doors - not counting cupboards we have 5 internal but a whopping great 4 external ones! :rotfl: Think I'm winning on the exterior door count then?! :D

Awww - "house is starting to feel like a home" - hurrah to that - what a lovely thing to read!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    I don't think it's bullying as such. They have always been good friends. However my DS is not as streetwise as his friends and I'm actually really strict with his game etc. He has never had online until recently for instance and he isn't allowed the same games/online freedom his friends are :o So I think what they where making jokes out of my DS had no idea of the reference and took what was said literally. But at least its all been ironed out and he feels happier.

His good mood is still here and hopefully it will stay ;)

Took him for his haircut £6.50 spent :cool:
    Going for my hair cut tomorrow and girls at the weekend (Free for us girls the perks of a sister who's an hairdresser :rotfl:) Will do something for her in return as 'payment'.

Still painting :cool: Still loads more painting to do.

Smalls are fed but are now making Xmas cards - more mess :o

I totally went of track of following my list for activity a day but as long as they all get done and we do at least something everyday I'll be happy.

I haven't done a meal plan in ages either! Must get organised more than a to-do list consisting of appointments, painting and cleaning :o
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Awww - "house is starting to feel like a home" - hurrah to that - what a lovely thing to read!

Absolutely second that :D
    I don't think it's bullying as such. They have always been good friends. However my DS is not as streetwise as his friends and I'm actually really strict with his game etc. He has never had online until recently for instance and he isn't allowed the same games/online freedom his friends are :o So I think what they where making jokes out of my DS had no idea of the reference and took what was said literally. But at least its all been ironed out and he feels happier.

His good mood is still here and hopefully it will stay ;)

Glad the wee fella is feeling better about things now :)
    Hopefully now that his friends realise how upset he was they will reel it in and think before doing anything like that again...

Glad you've had a good one today too missus ;)
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Christmas lists

DS:
    Lego
    Outfit - Done
    Book - Done
    Electric toothbrush (Ordered)
    Stocking - Toothpaste, socks, pjs, sweets, chocolate santa (just need to add a piece of fruit in on Xmas eve)

DD
    Craft bag - Finished
    Outfit - Done
    Book - Done
    Stocking - Toothpaste, socks, pjs, sweets, chocolate santa (just need to add a piece of fruit in on Xmas eve)

Youngest
    Playdough
    Outfit - Done
    Book - Done

We have all the things needed to make these
    Advent with Xmas books/activities
    [STRIKE]Christmas cards[/STRIKE] Need posting
    Crackers
    Small gifts for grandparents
    Cakes/Biscuits/Fudge for grandparents
    Thank you notes
    Reindeer food
    Snowman soup
    Santa plate

Still to buy
    Playdough
    Lego
    Xmas tree - We have lights/decorations Xmas tree on order need to confirm delivery date
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Waiting on some survey vouchers coming through then will order the playdoh and lego I think then it's done.

We made the Xmas cards they're drying now. Still need to make some boxes to put homemade gifts in for grandparents.
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good for you. Away but still following and cheering you on. Well done.xx
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback