Can Asda take more money than on the receipt that comes with my shopping delivery

I have been shopping online with Asda, this week the receipt with my shopping came to £137.31
but the total took out my bank was £138.05 plus another debit from asda for £0.74p
the week before the shopping figure was correct, but I had an extra debit of 80p in a separate transaction. does anyone know why this could be happening.

Comments

• p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,671
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Are you sure it's not a credit for 0.74p ?

I think there have been comments about ASDA online shopping over on the banking board before now - I think they earmark /authorise the money when you order, and then process the payment when it's delivered.

So if an item changes price in the interim it can cause issues.

It would make sense if the goods came to £138.05 when ordered, so this is the amount ASDA got authorised and was later debitted, but then when run through the checkout they were £137.31 so ASDA issued a correction credit of £0.74.
  • alanq
    alanq Posts: 4,216
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 22 November 2017 at 1:15AM
    The reserved amount is not taken into account and is just left until it lapses after a few days.

ASDA takes the amount on the original order. Then if items are over/under weight, if there have been any substitutions or if prices change in the interim it makes an adjustment by making an additional credit/debit for the difference.

See the Ts&Cs.
    https://groceries.asda.com/terms_and_conditions
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family