Credit card & overdraft debt

Options
2»

Comments

• pappapump
    Options
    I have gone through the eligibility option. One of the cards is with Halifax.
    Up to 32 months 0%, 0.7% fee - 18.9% rep APR.
    Please explain this - (0% balance transfer time limit:First 90 days)
    Advice please...
    Thanks.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    It means you need to carry out any BTs with the first 90 days of the account being open.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    What are the £22 bank charges for and is that on top of the £70 interest on your overdraft? If so you need to move banks and do not go for a packaged bank account with all the insurances/extras you rarely need and certainly cannot afford.

That credit card is costing you around £2k a year so definitely move it. The deals for 0% are getting shorter but if you can get the Halifax one then that will help. The fee is quite reasonable and as zx81 says you need to BT it within 90 days of opening the credit card. To clear the whole credit card within 32 months you would need to pay around £285 per month. That is doable if you reduce your groceries bill. There are gaps however in your soa and I doubt if you have £153 spare each month. You should also be trying to reduce the overdraft or transferring that to a 0% moneytransfer card.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure