Options
13»

Comments

• Audaxer
    Audaxer Posts: 3,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Alexland wrote: »
    no pay TV, use a lot of vouchers, gain a few thousand a year from cashback and surveys,
    You've amazed me again Alex. Very impressed with your financial management but how do you survive with no pay TV? My wife has just upped ours to the full package including Sky Sports etc. - £99 per month including the discount!! A few thousand a year from cashback and surveys - interested to know more about how you earn that via cashback with so little spending.
  • msallen
    msallen Posts: 1,494 Forumite
    Options
    Audaxer wrote: »
    ... how do you survive with no pay TV?

Is that a serious question?
    I have more TV choice than I need with Freesat.
  • kidmugsy
    kidmugsy Posts: 12,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    how do you survive with no pay TV? My wife has just upped ours to the full package including Sky Sports etc. - £99 per month including the discount!!

Sky would surely just give me even more channels filled with rubbish I wouldn't want to watch. I can get that from the Beeb already.
    Free the dunston one next time too.
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You've amazed me again Alex. Very impressed with your financial management but how do you survive with no pay TV? My wife has just upped ours to the full package including Sky Sports etc. - £99 per month including the discount!! A few thousand a year from cashback and surveys - interested to know more about how you earn that via cashback with so little spending.

That's a mad amount it be paying for tv.

We've got bt, no sky sport or movies but bt sport and the dozens or hundreds of channels you never watch, £35 a month including phone and Internet.
  • Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 18 November 2017 at 6:52PM
    Options
    We are straying off topic now but it's not unreasonable to earn £1k each from cashback and surveys each year. Some of that that comes from switching banks, intro offers on ISAs, credit cards and life insurance. My wife does loads of online surveys, product trials, focus groups, etc. There's a research company that buys our junkmail and another that wants us to tell them all the food we buy, etc. Plus there's another £500 to £1k to be earned from stoozing.
  • Audaxer
    Audaxer Posts: 3,512 Forumite
    Options
    bigadaj wrote: »
    That's a mad amount it be paying for tv.

We've got bt, no sky sport or movies but bt sport and the dozens or hundreds of channels you never watch, £35 a month including phone and Internet.
    That's a good price. Who you are as with we were getting the same for around £77 per month with Virgin before this latest 'deal' with them? I think we'll need to look at it again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure