Which band put out the most albums where nearly all the songs were amazing?

in Music MoneySaving
40 replies 18.5K views
In your opinion?
«134

Replies

  • jaredltjaredlt Forumite
    5 Posts
    Second Anniversary
    Newbie
    Oooof, I don't think you can answer this well without veering into highly subjective territory! :)

    For me Radiohead come close to fitting that bill. Love almost every song on every album. But even still I didn't LOVE A Moon Shaped Pool, so there you go (maybe it's a grower...?). The National are another band that ticks that box for me. Love pretty much everything they do.

    If you want to go slightly more scientific Elvis Presley has had the most number ones in the UK (21), followed by The Beatles (17). If you wanted to go even more scientific you could apply charting singles as a ratio to albums produced per artist, but I won't go that far :D
  • discat11discat11 Forumite
    513 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    In terms of a 'group' per se - Beatles. After that it would be a motown act for me, four tops or isley brothers.
    Solo Artists -Bowie, no one else comes close.
  • jaredltjaredlt Forumite
    5 Posts
    Second Anniversary
    Newbie
    discat11 wrote: »
    In terms of a 'group' per se - Beatles. After that it would be a motown act for me, four tops or isley brothers.
    Solo Artists -Bowie, no one else comes close.

    I thought about Bowie, but then I disqualified him as he has such a huge discography. I just assumed he'd have to have a few dud albums in there :) (I'm far from having listened to all of them). Saying that, I still think he's amazing. Him and Prince in the same year was tough.
  • Teenage Fanclub have an exceptionally high quality song rate.
    I can offer no resistance, I can offer no respite
    Wake me when conflict is over,
    I aim for a peaceful life,
    Wake me up when the fury is ended
    I like living a peaceful life
  • SymanSyman Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    this will be a very subjective topic.

    Metallica have done some cracking albums as has Bowie.

    However beatles (IMHO) are over rated as are U2.

    Meatloaf's Bat Out Of Hell does not have a bad track on it, but they weren't written by him.
    Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today!:mad:
    Cos if you do it today and like it...You can do it again tomorrow.. :p

    Bookworm's Thread 2019 reading Challenge total :- 1/60
  • blindmanblindman Forumite
    5.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Syman wrote: »
    this will be a very subjective topic.

    Metallica have done some cracking albums as has Bowie.

    However beatles (IMHO) are over rated as are U2.

    Meatloaf's Bat Out Of Hell does not have a bad track on it, but they weren't written by him.

    How old are you?

    Very subjective topic but they were very young and produced some amazing albumns at that age.

    Big fan of Pink Floyd but some of their early stuff was carp.

    Carole King

    Big fan of early Elton John stuff Goodbye Yellow Brick Road and Madman Across the Water, but later stuff let him down IMHO.
  • SymanSyman Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    blindman wrote: »
    How old are you?

    Very subjective topic but they were very young and produced some amazing albumns at that age.

    Big fan of Pink Floyd but some of their early stuff was carp.

    Carole King

    Big fan of early Elton John stuff Goodbye Yellow Brick Road and Madman Across the Water, but later stuff let him down IMHO.
    I am in my fifties.

    As i said, it is subjective. There are some people who would say that Justin Beiber has never released a bad track (they are of course absolutely and entirely misguided and probably need a lobotomy)

    PS. I also do enjoy a bit of Elton when the mood takes me.
    Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today!:mad:
    Cos if you do it today and like it...You can do it again tomorrow.. :p

    Bookworm's Thread 2019 reading Challenge total :- 1/60
  • Doom_and_GloomDoom_and_Gloom Forumite
    4.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    In my opinion ;
    Linkin Park
    David Bowie
    Pink
    The Carpenters

    Seriously I can listen to every song with the above. Though with Linkin Park I discount the album they did with Jay-Z.
    I am a vegan woman. My OH is a lovely omni guy :D
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides