Options
    Thanks Greent! Happy Christmas to you and your family too

HOL
    x
  • HOL82
    HOL82 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    Hey MFW's!

What a crazy few weeks, moving house, making the house smell less like something from a museum, Christmas, New Year! As a result my update is slightly late and it's pretty dismal. Grand total saves the last 2 weeks, £201. :(

However, hubby wasn't working due to his op, we've had to pay out some bits for the house as we thought we would (a skip for starters!), also Christmas spends with 4 kids etc, so the fact we've saved anything at all I'm pretty happy about.

January is going to be about really tightening up out belts and getting this saving happening hard!

Required for housebuild - [STRIKE]£37685[/STRIKE] £31403.75

Happy New Year to you all!
    HOL
    x
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Christmas is never an easy time to save anything (we also have 4 kids :D) - so the fact that you've managed over £200 is fantastic! And look at how much that required figure has fallen - it's already down to 83% of the original figure - brilliant!

Hope hubby has recovered/ is recovering well

Happy New Year to you, too :)
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • HOL82
    Options
    Hi all,

So I stopped updating as I largely felt I was talking to myself more than anything, however realised it was helping me to stay on track and motivated. The start of the year is the slowest time for OH work so always going to be slower on savings, that said we have made progress and added another chuck of £3823 into the pot :j This has been from saving and budgeting, and matched betting (worth a look if you haven't already). We are finalising the house plans for planning permission in the next couple of weeks so can then work on getting everything priced up and hopefully source some bargains on the way too.

With work now picking up for OH for the spring, and end of tax year coming meaning I can release some money from my company savings (I put aside all tax money and some more every month so that I can always pay the tax bill and have some left over) then I'm hopeful that we can stay on track for the house build to be paid in 2018, with some bigger savings to come int he next couple of months.

Left to save for house build budget: [STRIKE]£37685[/STRIKE] £27580

Will update again soon, keeping my fingers crossed for another decent chunk!

HOL x
  • Tropically
    Tropically Posts: 427 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We are here and listening! How exciting about the planning permission!
    Mortgage started at £318,000 in June 2016. Original MF - 2041 :eek:
    2nd Property Mortgage at £275,000. Mortgage free: 2049 :eek:
    Total OPs: £29529
  • HOL82
    Options
    Busy couple of weeks on the house project, time with family over easter, but still managed to save a further £1995! Seems so far away to reach our target, but also great to be hitting 4 figure sums :)

Counting down the days till we do our tax returns now fingers crossed we've put aside more than we need for the tax and can release some bonus!

Left to save for house build budget: [STRIKE]£37685[/STRIKE] £25585
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport