Withhold the offer

Options
2»

Comments

• MonkeyDr
    MonkeyDr Posts: 143 Forumite
    Options
    Surely it depends on the nature of the job and the flexibility involved?

Pretty sure I could not do my current job if I were Hep B positive, as I do invasive procedures. But I could be a different sort of doctor, or even maybe still work in my field but with altered job plan.

For most jobs I doubt it would be so fundamental.

For my jobs I still always get asked about any number of other specific medical conditions but they wouldn't affect my ability to do my job.
  • tazwhoever
    tazwhoever Posts: 1,326 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 11 December 2017 at 9:01PM
    Options
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5748771

Read the above thread with interest –

I had similar experience, but had to resign as the employer wouldn’t allow me to work initially giving me the OK to start the job. This is so weird, I couldn’t understand it!

Filled in the application form, interviewed passed and I accepted for the role. Health questionnaire filled with all my conditions including Hep B. Saw the occupational provider and given the start date.

Worked few hours a day – then I got a call to stay home because of Hep B and keeping others safe.

Even it may be disability discrimination; I’m not planning anything against them.

Why did they offer me the role?

I can’t be walking around with a board around my neck listing my illness and Hep B!

Your views?
  • ReadingTim
    ReadingTim Posts: 3,970 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    tazwhoever wrote: »
    Why did they offer me the role?

I can’t be walking around with a board around my neck listing my illness and Hep B!

Your views?

Organisational disconnect between left hand and right hand, @rse from elbow, etc
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure