Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    Yes, there is a fingerprint scanner on back of the phone under the camera - silverish colour above the Alcatel logo. I set mine up when I first got the phone as I read the onscreen instructions :D

Anon

Ohhhh, thought that was the magic contactless thingy.
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    gocat wrote: »
    Morning all :wave:

Those christmas emoticons remind me of springdreams. Havent seen him on here for ages. Think he lives sort of near to me and wondered if he had found any of the elusive yogs :rotfl:

Springdreams is definitely a She :D thinking about it, I haven't seen her around for a while either
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 7 December 2017 at 7:40PM
    Options
    gocat wrote: »
    A vs M
    Was only getting the bessie roasts and some reduced packets of fruit, so thought would make it up to 9 items to see what the apg says. Still managed 22p :rotfl:

1x Aunt Bessie's Mini Homestyle Roasties (700g) £1.00 N/A
    1x ASDA Chopped Onion (200g) £0.20 N/A
    0.21x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Conference Pear (Typically 300g) (per kg) £0.41 N/A
    3x ASDA Grower's Selection Watermelon Slices (95g) £0.57 N/A
    0.21x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Gala Apple (Typically 160g) (per kg) £0.42 N/A
    0.19x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.14 £0.14
    1x ASDA Farm Stores Plums (400g) £0.79 £0.78
    1x Quaker Oat So Simple Big Bowl Original Porridge (10x38g) £1.00 £1.00
    1x ASDA Farm Stores Cherry Tomatoes (250g) £0.53 N/A
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Lemon (each) £0.28 £0.30

N/A - really? Pretty sure I saw that pack size in M yesterday, unless I am mixing them up (and I could be). I definitely saw some Mini Roasties in one store. I think M do have them - as well the Roast Potatoes in Duck Fat that I didn't notice the price (msm suggests it is £2.74.

The reason I was looking for Aunt Bessies Roast-type products was that M had an online exclusive offer on this prior to Wednesday - well, I suppose there's no reason why you could not have a much higher price online or much less favourable mbuy or link-deal pricing and then advertise it as "online exclusive":rotfl:. The Aunt Bessie Roast Potatoes (800g) - they have them as "Aunt Bessies Roasties 800g" are £1.80:eek: individual online and, at the time, they were in a deal with two other products - all three for 3 for £4 IIRC:eek:. Each of them goes down on offer to £1, so I have no idea why you would buy all three and pay an extra £1 on top. They should be waited for at £1 and then only one bought. Indeed, I think the Aunt Bessies Roast Potatoes 800g are £1 in M instore, or were yesterday, and that's the point in time we look at so that is why they are on the list for potential Avs M at £1. It seems to me why m.com has £1.80 price showing. There are Roasties online but no Mini Roasties - I think I have definitely seen some Mini Roasties though, because I was looking for Aunt Bessies Roast Potatoes 800g Crispy & Fluffy - I even had to note what the packaging said so I did not mix them up - due to finding £1 SEL instore last time but having a different price online (although marked with "online exclusive" so it clearly was that). Online exclusive - could well mean the product is much, much more expensive than it is instore:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:. Happy to post in the public arena what I have seen on this occasion.

They are absolutely right - and totally correct and truthful. It was an online exclusive price. Absolutely nothing wrong about doing that, and no need to reveal what the price is instore. It's for the consumer to find out and find the best deal and not for us to tell them about it or point them to it. They don't have to - their job is to sell products and hopefully make profits - it is for us to find out what is best for us.

I had £1 SEL in a store on Monday and just took it as normal - I didn't have any question that that wasn't what it was. On seeing the £1.80 price online afterwards, though I didn't really have any doubt, I just wanted to make sure that that £1 instore was being displayed in another store, so that it was more likely to be correct. I duly had Aunt Bessies Roast Potatoes as a carry-over item to the next store. And carry-over and carry-over:rotfl:. I couldn't find them in the next two stores:rotfl::rotfl: - I eventually found them, and with £1 displayed:cool:, but only after seeing Aunt Bessies Mini Roasties, alongside the Duck Fat product, in another store in between. So that's how I know I have seen them.

This now reminds me that I was supposed to mention the problem I have had on Savers Grapes. They are currently compared to from A's Farm Stores product. Just a note that its possible the M price may drop off at this point - probably be okay for at least another price collection though and may come back on Monday in stock and then be maintained throughout. I had OOS everywhere - although some of the stores were late in the night and may be expected to be OOS more at that time. It's my own fault for the 'bother' I had with them yesterday. I think they are just trying to make sure I never forget them again and that I check them everytime:mad::rotfl:.

You won't have known but I often forget to look at the odd product in M each time I come out of my main start store. I even forget them afterwards in other stores sometimes:rotfl::(. I do my initial full check around the first store and then I get my copy of the list and look through it and see if I have missed anything (at least what I can have in that store). I note these items down and then return to the store to try to find them. Sometimes, with the SP Chocolate Bars last Monday, I think I have missed them or don't remember seeing them so think I've missed them, and then I go back into the store and find there is absolutely no trace of them at all. So - :idea:that's why I didn't see them!:D Other times they are just 'hiding' - or there is a SEL but they were OOS and the SEL covered over in the corner of the shelf so I didn't notice it first time. I kept forgetting Savers Grapes a number of times (I often forget items that are fairly new on my lists). So I have had that on my items to find in my second journey in the store a number of times in a row. Just when I was remembering to look for them, my store goes OOS and then loses its SEL, so I now have no trace and have them as missing each time as they are not there!:mad::rotfl:

The grapes were therefore a carryover - I did find SELs around in several places - and then "wanted" to see if I could find any stock at all as I was losing it on Monday in a number of stores. I have not found any stock at all yesterday and this does not seem to be a local issue. I think some now rare M somewhere will have them in stock, or maybe they were just out in many places yesterday and have had full deliveries of them today and restocked in lots of stores. However, in general, it may be they are losing stock for the price collectors and, if they now don't find stock in a store next time, they will not return a price from there. So, the grapes, that we have seen comparing very good on the APG including against M, might lose their M comp. They are, I think, against T at the same price. So maybe switch vs there and have a look to see if M is maintained or whether it may disappear. Things like this can affect the comparisons for a while afterwards - so if it goes N/A (if), it may be sometime before the comparison comes back again, even if the product has been back in M for some time up to then. Little things like this can upset comps. and mean items return N/A - and sometimes they seem they may never return. The Yorkshire Puddings had a simple change in pack design ages ago now, no change to size or weight or any description of M's product, but they dropped off against M ever since that time and I don't think they have ever returned. It may have happened to the 1Kg carrots at some time - and we know they have been off for ages - problem there might have been M switched to 2Kg carrots for a few weeks and then brought 1Kg back - 1Kg had gone N/A through being OOS too long whilst 2Kg were specially produced and has yet to return against M. There seems to be an infernal error that, whilst 1Kg are in M and have been constantly for months and months, ensures that somehow they just can't link the A product up to the M product and its price. As seen not long ago on this thread, Salad Cress is N/A against M. M have theirs too - but I don't think I've ever seen A's Salad Cress pick up M pricing.
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Ideal for a £3 voucher.
    M&S 500g Extremely Chocolatey Milk, Dark & White Chocolate biscuits (Blue Box - 500g) - £3 @ M&S Instore
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • streaky10
    Options
    [IMG]http:// http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda-compare-prices/Bath_And_Shower/Palmolive_Body_Butter_Shower_Cream_Chocolate_Passion_250ml.html?TrackingCode=AQQJAAE.1HCELsmPcUKN9gq2K75KNA[/IMG]

Haven't a clue if this will work or if it's already common knowledge but would like to pass on the palmolive body butter shower gels 342 compare £1.50 v T £1.00 so work out the same as the previous palmolives no longer on 342.
    Many many thanks for every poster of glitches.
    Being a lady of a certain age on her own don't always partake for myself but, like many others on here, get extreme pleasure in being able to help others out with them especialy my own 2 daughters who are extremely grateful for a helping hand or little treat every now and then.
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    savvy_sal wrote: »
    Evening all.I think the 1st comparison posted was against Morrie's.
    Ooops sorry. Yes, just gone back and looked at the two . Really sorry. I must be cracking up :eek: :o
  • jax.26
    jax.26 Posts: 1,828 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    ♥ JTS ♥

Winter-Season-and-Merry-Christmas-Greetings-Christmas-Holiday-Quotes.jpg

Touching message x
  • MKS
    MKS Posts: 10,328 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Half price legs of lamb, DTD opportunity. :D First time though that they are limiting them to two per customer. :eek: A few branches have stock at the higher price.;)
  • vanilla_twist
    Options
    davemorton wrote: »
    Naughty bit of carrot bondage going on there :eek:

??Fingerprint scanner??

Thanks Dm was actually thinking along the lines of being tied to the train tracks like in old movies.
    Bear thought carrot was on a gentle simmer:eek:

V x
    fairclaire wrote: »
    . I do think a chaise lounge is a good description of you though. Stylish yet comfortable and laid back :)

May the odds be ever in your favour;)

SPC 7 Pot No 410 £232.63 Total
  • 3Dogs
    3Dogs Posts: 14,092 Forumite
    Options

For your stuffing or to go with your sprouts TM

6_A3_C33_FE-1_D52-4_FC1-_B5_C0-1_F00915062_E6.jpg

£1 in Asda too, I saw them yesterday
    Lima-India wrote: »
    Shop from last night

2x Dove Men+Care Ultimate Wash Bag Gift Set (each) £20.00 £9.00 3Dogs - these are now cheaper in T's than showing currently on your amazing post 210. Now working out at 72p each

Oh thanks for that Lima-India, was going to get more of those, so even better now :j
    :( Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 :( 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13 :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport