Options
    [SIZE=+1]Snap-ant was yesterday's smartest player![/SIZE] star.gif

:D:D

18 players played.... :(

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

[SIZE=+0]Today's Topic (Tuesday): General Knowledge 3 : Average

[/SIZE]advent-snowflakes-5.jpg
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• MKS
    MKS Posts: 10,328 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Bikertov wrote: »
    Thanks to everyone for the comments - MKS, nice to see you posting. I remember you from a few years back, early Elite days.

:beer: We have been here for a long time.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • hornetgirl
    hornetgirl Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    MKS wrote: »
    Hi HG.
    When I was in this situation a couple of years ago, I was given a pamphlet of items (chairs, bed wc etc) to put measurements into and answer questions, bath or wet room, microwave etc. Who can help at home, distance that you live from the person etc. (Sounds tough but if you put yourself down, don't expect any further help). I stood my ground as was working/looking after DGC at the time and could only spend a couple of hours a day with Dad, which wouldn't have been enough for his safety. He was then sent to a local home for 6 weeks rehabilitation/ease back into living alone. Good luck.
    Thanks MKS. Hope all is well with you x
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 5 December 2017 at 11:14AM
    Options
    Will try, Savvy.

For curl girl

11 items (8 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Sainsbury's
    1x Lynx Attract for Her Washbag Gift Set (each) £7.00 N/A
    4x Heinz Beanz in Barbecue Sauce (390g) £3.80 £3.20
    1x Lynx Duo Black Body Gift Set (each) £4.00 £3.50
    1x Cravendale Semi Skimmed Milk (2l) £1.75 £1.75
    1x Tassimo Kenco Americano Smooth Pods (128g) £3.99 £3.00
    1x Dove Happiness Collection Duo Body Gift Set (each) £4.00 N/A
    1x Lynx Duo You Body Gift Set (each) £4.00 N/A
    1x Lynx Duo Africa Gift Set (each) £4.00 £3.50
    1x Impulse Unique Mini Tin Gift Set (each) £4.00 £3.50
    1x Tassimo Kenco Cappuccino Pods (260g) £3.99 £3.00
    1x The Famous Grouse Blended Scotch Whisky (1l) £16.00 £15.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) £41.53 £36.45
    +£5.08 cheaper

She already shopped and it worked for her:rotfl:.
    Picasso7 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the Baxters soup will still glitch with the lentil and bacon trigger please? Having managed to print 3 x 50p coupons, I'd quite like to get some more!

Apologies to ask, but as I don't quite understand what this is doing, I'm unable to work it out for myself. :o

Heinz Lentil and Bacon still "Unavailable" on a.com so it should still be a trigger. However, would have to be shopping outside N.I. now, to target W, as T's offer has ended. (Unless it is still, just about, in the system with t.com showing prices for tomorrow - depends whether it's only just gone and APG yet to catch up with it - wasn't it due to end around now? - however, when I've seen full prices, it usually picks them up from t.com when T puts them to full price before the offers have actually gone instore. Assuming the prices to be updated what I see on t.com, which I think is very likely, they should still work in Northern Ireland, just that they would cost more as it would be comparing full price vs full price, not very good really: less than 40p APG for the entire 4, not even 10p each:(. In that situation, it might be 'better' there to have a shop of Baxters and Mullers as Sains is same price and the Mullers, done correctly, subtract 29p - even then, it's pretty poor. You can't then count the 29p again against the Nutrigrains unfortunately, unless you do another shop against S and then are limited to two per shop for the 29p 'discount': more than that will not increase that amount and you can't add it again for further ones in the same shop: 29p has to be divided by the total number of Nutrigrain boxes you have in a shop. Don't let all my information confuse you though - really you need W.)
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Will try, Savvy.

For curl girl

11 items (8 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Sainsbury's
    1x Lynx Attract for Her Washbag Gift Set (each) £7.00 N/A
    4x Heinz Beanz in Barbecue Sauce (390g) £3.80 £3.20
    1x Lynx Duo Black Body Gift Set (each) £4.00 £3.50
    1x Cravendale Semi Skimmed Milk (2l) £1.75 £1.75
    1x Tassimo Kenco Americano Smooth Pods (128g) £3.99 £3.00
    1x Dove Happiness Collection Duo Body Gift Set (each) £4.00 N/A
    1x Lynx Duo You Body Gift Set (each) £4.00 N/A
    1x Lynx Duo Africa Gift Set (each) £4.00 £3.50
    1x Impulse Unique Mini Tin Gift Set (each) £4.00 £3.50
    1x Tassimo Kenco Cappuccino Pods (260g) £3.99 £3.00
    1x The Famous Grouse Blended Scotch Whisky (1l) £16.00 £15.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) £41.53 £36.45
    +£5.08 cheaper

Thanks.
    Added 2 as fillers in yesterday's yoghurt shop. :D

Morning peeps.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Pippo, here is my list:

https://www.nectar.com/santas-secret-competition -- it is only a competition to win points.

http://www.nightgardenlive.com/advent-calendar/ -- it has mostly been something to colour in, but yesterday I got free magnets. They send you a code so P&P is not charged either.
    I've got https://social.beefeater.co.uk/christmas?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=winterwanderland
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    Heinz Lentil and Bacon still "Unavailable" on a.com so it should still be a trigger. However, would have to be shopping outside N.I. now, to target W, as T's offer has ended. (Unless it is still, just about, in the system with t.com showing prices for tomorrow - depends whether it's only just gone and APG yet to catch up with it - wasn't it due to end around now? - however, when I've seen full prices, it usually picks them up from t.com when T puts them to full price before the offers have actually gone instore. Assuming the prices to be updated what I see on t.com, which I think is very likely, they should still work in Northern Ireland, just that they would cost more as it would be comparing full price vs full price, not very good really: less than 40p APG for the entire 4, not even 10p each:(. In that situation, it might be 'better' there to have a shop of Baxters and Mullers as Sains is same price and the Mullers, done correctly, subtract 29p - even then, it's pretty poor.)

Thanks so much Savvy. I am in England so, if I understand you correctly, I need to do a shop vv Waities for the glitch to work?

I'm off to a big A tonight and am hoping to find the hidden Christmas Mullers and do a shop vv T or M. Am I right in thinking either of those would work identically please?

Am I also right in thinking that if I add three Mullers (including the Christmas one) to a shop targeted against W, it would also work?

Apologies for all the questions.:o
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Pippo, here is my list:

https://www.nectar.com/santas-secret-competition -- it is only a competition to win points.

http://www.nightgardenlive.com/advent-calendar/ -- it has mostly been something to colour in, but yesterday I got free magnets. They send you a code so P&P is not charged either.
    pippo wrote: »

Thanks Pippo. I had fun with that one but didn't do very well. Wasn't really sure if I could change the resolution on the screen to see more of the picture. :)

I am quoting my own post in the hope that others come along and add to our list.
  • MKS
    MKS Posts: 10,328 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    hornetgirl wrote: »
    Thanks MKS. Hope all is well with you x

It's getting better, thanks. x
    Dad died in October but had to wait till November for the funeral. WGH is top of the list compared to my local.:(
    Have just come back from a 'last minute' sun holiday which was lovely.

IMG_7161_1.jpg

:cool:
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 5 December 2017 at 12:01PM
    Options
    Thanks so much Savvy. I am in England so, if I understand you correctly, I need to do a shop vv Waities for the glitch to work?

I'm off to a big A tonight and am hoping to find the hidden Christmas Mullers and do a shop vv T or M. Am I right in thinking either of those would work identically please?

Am I also right in thinking that if I add three Mullers (including the Christmas one) to a shop targeted against W, it would also work?

Apologies for all the questions.:o

Yes, and I was just going to amend my post but can now add here conveniently, you don't want to be adding Mullers to a W shop - indeed in my view you should not do so - see, I did envisage my detailed information of other matters would cause confusion and was about to put that right:rotfl: - you need items that are good vs W. Preferably not Mr A's SP price increases that still compare to cheaper vs elsewhere, as you will then be paying more for those items. Probably just enough 10p sweets. You have four items to find. (Here's your chance, though, to see if there is anything you want vs W that you have missed out on before because you haven't already had four other items in the shop - assuming you buy different Baxters.) Or loose veg. - but be careful vs W that some of those items aren't significantly higher price there - should be alright though with small amounts as they shouldn't lose too much, but I don't think you want to be getting Brocolli - if IIRC A's brocolli, but that's the 50p one:eek: (too expensive for a proper filler!) compares to much more expensive vs W?

Again, the Mullers would work against W, if W has the versions you buy - it's just they would cost you as W's prices are not very good to compare against. Probably cost more than 10p sweets - and wipe out your coupon. So, I think you need to be thinking of items you would normally buy and need that happen to be best vs W at the moment and need to ensure all items are on a.com in stock (except for the Lentil Bacon trigger - it is there just "unavailable").

"Mullers" is everywhere except M, T and W:rotfl:. For me at least. They should, I think, only be against S. No, they wouldn't work identically (to vs S anyway) as prices are less favourable everywhere than S. Best put onto their own shop, if you have nothing else beyond them to buy, and target S on that one, unless the fillers you then buy against T or M are more costly than what you lose by putting Mullers against T or M. However, W should be matching T on branded products (not promotions though:() so many of the regular price(:() brand items against might also be the same price at W. Short version: S for the Mullers, W for Baxters.

Change your shop against T or M into vs W (or do two separate, maybe even three if doing Mullers as well - those vs S) by removing some items from vs T/M into vs W if they are same comp. vs W (gives you enough items vs W then) and leaving others to target T or M separately later that then leave you at least 8 appearing items on each shop you do.

Finally (I have covered everything surely?), you may not need to do a shop vs W if T's mbuy in still in the system - however you wouldn't know whether it is or not, so have to do vs W. I think it's very unlikely to be against T now. EDIT: No I hadn't covered everything (there is always more I can say:doh:) - T's mbuy was due to end today. So it might work - however, I think, regarding endings, don't they remove the offers the day before? We have to wait a day when offers are starting, which makes APG and T start the same day (they appear on t.com the day before but the APG generally picks them up only from the following day - and I don't mean midnight) - won't the T offer and APG end the same as well? However, t.com is already changed (it may work this morning on the APG if t.com didn't change early enough but I think not - I would not try vs T - for me it always updates early to T's prices if they are going worse - I bet it's already caught T's full price) - I would only target W now, quite properly won't work against T, but you can do vs W and then report back as to whether it would have worked against T. Doesn't look like vs T now (to be honest, I wouldn't even have gone vs T yesterday - too close to the end date for me, I would keep away from it all and now only do vs W on these. If t.com only changed this morning, it probably changed earlier than that, then it might be over now vs T anyway as, even if you checkout in store right now, you will be checking the receipt sometime into the afternoon and the system will probably be on its second update by then and catch T's full prices).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure