Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• fernie1
    fernie1 Posts: 1,127 Forumite
    Options
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    All the 3 for 2s, that we know about. There are lots more items elsewhere!

I've just realised the 3 for 2 items won't be of any use if you are saying you have an APG from online shopping, as those items are instore shopping.

How much (roughly if you don't want to reveal the exact amount) is the APG you have to spend? Unfortunately, invisible triggers can't be purchased online can they?:(

I need to know the approx. APG amount so I know how much I have to build the shopping bill up to and also are you in Northern Ireland?

Yes gift sets no good for online shop, think I've found something to get, Millicono coffee £4.99 a v £2.50 morrisons. That will do its what I drink too.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,944 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    bubbs was getting a lot of gift sets:rotfl:. You were getting them before and, now some of them are obtained for an even better price, you seem to be getting even more of them now! Go bubbs with the gift sets!:D:rotfl::T

I am :D i stood and split loads today, for homeless , there were 100's just rinse and repeat.
    Along with the soup and tinned fruit, which reminds me i need the coupon again please as my lappy died when dh chucked a pint of squash over it:eek:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    fernie1 wrote: »
    Yes gift sets no good for online shop, think I've found something to get, Millicono coffee £4.99 a v £2.50 morrisons. That will do its what I drink too.

Sheen Leather Wipes £2.45 vs £1? A's Shades Power Kitchen Rolls 4 pack £4 vs £2.12 (picking up M's half-the-size rolls)?
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,944 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hampy lucky your buyer was honest x
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    zagubov wrote: »
    You don't have any metal fillings, do you!:eek:

As DM says!:beer:

I've stopped worrying about chemicals leaching out of foil. We probably pick up more toxic metals from handling coins!

Thank you zag:)

Oh no......I have to start worrying about coins now?:eek::eek::rotfl:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    I had to visit M earlier for an emergency purchase:(, the very thing I was trying to avoid doing:mad:. Unfortunately, people here keep consuming things too quickly.

This made me chuckle savvy:rotfl:

It’s the same here.

Even when I hide stuff they find it:rotfl:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • hampydoodums
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Hampy lucky your buyer was honest x

Yes I know bubbs. Hopefully others will check too
    :happylove Nanny to 2 Cherubs :happylove
  • hampydoodums
    Options
    TM have you noticed green redeem are doing an advent event - daily prizes to be won :)
    :happylove Nanny to 2 Cherubs :happylove
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 2 December 2017 at 11:14PM
    Options
    Also, now I think about it, Flash 60 wipes as they have gone up to £2 in A:T. Mediterranean Lemon and/or Anti-Bac. Those two versions, should each be £2 vs £1 M. Don't buy Orange.

Otherwise one or more of the three Flash 400ml gels on my list. Cotton is confirmed as comparing £2 vs £1. However, still quite expensive price IMO on straight 10%(:rotfl:).

I wouldn't be trying the Kiwi Ball of Foot Cushion!

I'm assuming you have a significant (double-figures) APG to spend and want as much back as possible, whilst at the same time ending up with not too bad 10% off prices for each item. If you want to 'overpay' though - maybe one of the Danone Light and Free yogurts on my list £2.50 vs £1 - no need to buy A's mbuy - or I understand the Oykos yogurts have also increased (why would anyone be getting any yogurts other than Muller Lights?:rotfl:) in price in A. They kept buying me Apple Cinnamon on my wombles at £1 A:(. Now, on the one I've just checked, someone has bought me one at £2.30:T:

1x Oykos Special Edition Luxury Greek-Style Festive Apple Cinnamon Yogurt (4x110g) £2.30 £1.00

I did have a list of flavours of those on Monday that M had (strangely I didn't have Apple Cinnamon:rotfl: - but my wombles then added it for me so I did) - however I ruled them out as A was £1 on them at the time. Now it's £2.30, I haven't got the list from Wednesday:doh:. I will try to build it up though - either Monday's pages are somewhere around or msm may assist.

This item also compares like this if you buy two (M mbuy):
    2x Alberto Balsam Juicy Green Apple Shampoo (350ml) £2.00 £1.80:rotfl:

Someone mentioned the Seriously Strong cheddar at £2 in A earlier.

Not 10% cheaper than M:rotfl::
    1x Seriously Strong Creamy Medium Cheddar (350g) £2.00 £2.00

Not an item for me - v. expensive £5.71/Kg - 10% off is still in excess of £5/Kg!:eek::rotfl:
    If you want APG back rather than necessarily good price end-up, depending on what you have use for, the Bic 2 Sensitive Disposable Razors (10) go £2 vs £1 M. So, in pure terms of APG amount, £2 is better spent on an item that compares £2 vs £1 than one that gives £2 vs £2. Then again, we would never buy any cheese at all if things were like that and would keep buying razors after razors every shop simply for the APG back - 20p back will always be worse than £1.10. At some point, if we want cheese, we have to buy it, even though it does not give £2 vs £1 comp. I suppose that is best done on the final shop you make with the APG series - when your voucher, with about half the bill back, becomes lower and lower each time that it is then just spend on items cheaper in A and ended. Buying a £2 vs £2 item now, instead of £2 vs £1, will cut your future APGs sooner. Really the final shop, with no hope of getting 8 items as the voucher being used against it is then so small, should be on an item £2 vs N/A or more than 10% cheaper everywhere rather than losing the 20p if that £2 item had been put onto a different shop and compared. But, then, you would have picked a £2vs £1 (or cheaper) item everytime instead of the £2 vs £2 so would never end up buying it if it was needed. Maybe a different pack size vs competitor at much cheaper than A price on that but same price per unit?:rotfl: It's quite possible to do shops of £2 though that do have 8 items and squeeze a bit of APG back.
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Sarahdol75 wrote: »
    Evening all.

My tree is up, just the rest of the decs to do.

IMG_20171202_203526634.jpg

It looks perfect Sarah. Lovely traditional colours:)

I’ve been cutting down branches and spraying them silver. They are going in pots outside the front door:) and will get decorated. Photo to follow:)

I’ve also discovered my neighbours holly bush which I’d forgotten about:D:cool:

It’s overgrown massively into a huge tree. He is happy for us to cut them back:T:T I’m so excited as they are laden with berries.

Christmas:)
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business