Comments

• Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 1 December 2017 at 3:19PM
    Options
    Oh look at that! Back in stock:
    https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/256407784

It's T that I am concerned about - items that constantly disappear from their website or become unavailable:mad::mad:, in an attempt to thwart my shopping at A, only to reappear afterwards.

The New Refresher Bar was showing unavailable in the early hours of this morning. I am already avoiding mixing and matching it with Maoam Giant Stripes and the Flump to make six, as it seems to be in its own offer on t.com. Therefore, I will get six of the Refresher Bar on its own and (even though on the same shop) mix up six between Stripes and Flump only without Refresher among them. These 10p individual sweets are not fillers on my shops anymore - we actually need them as products in their own right!:eek::rotfl:

If you click on the offer on the New Refresher (Swizzels Original Lemon Flavour bar), it leads to the page with the other items but the Refresher Chews do not show on that page: https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/promotions/A31958111

I bought six Refresher Chews this morning - if I want to try vs the T mbuy, I am forced to buy more of them by the above situation on t.com:mad: - I do not know whether a mix and match would work but due to the way it appears to be on t.com, I consider it too risky (on items that only cost 10p each:rotfl::rotfl:) - as a result of this, I will not try 5 Chews and one Flump for example - typically, as I bought more of the Chews, I returned from my shopping trip only to find them showing "unavailable" on t.com:mad::mad:. They did still compare against T and picked up 50p though (probably only thanks to the "seven days" rule). T are the worst at it for me - often taking items off t.com only to put them back after I have bought them during their offline time and got an N/A:( and putting items up to full price online for a day only to show them on offer the day after (so they go up to full price to try to catch me out and thwart my shopping at A).

I think msm is a good guide though - not just on trivial items like these but more substantive ones - the Refresher Chew Bar still showed on msm (although it appears as the Strawberry Refresher on there) and it still had the T pricing on there rather than having gone to "---" for T. Such a small difference is, I think, actually very revealing, significant, helpful and useful. It matters because it indicates whether an item has been unavailable ("OOS") online for more than seven days or not. I think msm uses the same seven days period as the APG happens to use - so, if it is still on msm for the competitor even if showing "*" to indicate OOS, it should still work (as long as it didn't return to the competitor website at a higher price caught by the APG before msm has updated) as it's not been OOS for more than 7 days - but if it's gone to "---" on msm, then it will be over 7 days at that point and it suggests the competitor price will have dropped off the APG. "---" is also useful for seeing if something in A is likely to be an invisible trigger - if it is, it will show "---" for A rather than a price and asterisk.
  • pepper77_2
    pepper77_2 Posts: 2,997 Forumite
    Options
    A bit late to the party, but finally got some Fusion razor blades after asking staff member to look out the back for more packs :T. 3 4packs for £22 generating £9.73 APG, using sweetie fillers which will be handy for xmas stockings :D. Also got 3 £10 giftsets generating £19.34 APG 👍.

Poundsinbucks x 😎
    Can you post that shop ? I think there is better way.
    And if my SADA ever has any stock I'll test.
  • ellie14
    ellie14 Posts: 1,342 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    mrsmac10 wrote: »
    Hi

I have no intention of working my notice but am spending these three weeks writing notes on HOW TO .......

I was given wrong figures which I input into wages but as I am responsible for payroll it still my problem/fault That boss said there were other errors but he would not tell me what they were He is wrong. I got serious verbal abuse etc which made me angry and reduced me to tears later so I vowed to myself to go That boss has basically questioned by honesty by his planned progress requirements and that is the biggest issue of all but ......

Mrs Mac you are a lovely lady ,I have met you remember,you are far better than all this ,give it to him good,x

If I had just walked then the xmas pay would be a shamble I am the only person here that knows the system and I would not do that to my staff They are mostly on NMW but with overtime that they need
    He will have forgotten by now how he spoke not only to be me but to 2 others and will be all pally again

I will be citing workplace stress and arthritic pain when I have finished the xmas pay run and my notice period will be covered by a fit note Sorted

Mrs Mac you are a lovely lady ,I have met you remember,you are far better than this low life.Give it to him good ,take care.
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,968 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    LEJC wrote: »
    The shop was very happy to take my order today......
    gocat wrote: »
    Yeah but the getting the £5 back bit doesnt start till tomorrow. You might not get the £5 back on your 2 transactions from today.
    I could be wrong though. Hope I am :)
    LEJC wrote: »
    they are holding the transaction over...they know all about small shops and the promotion and have done similar in previous years....they are grateful of the increased business it generates.
    Thats why they were happy to take the details of both cards and put them through tomorrow.

It also means I have my order placed and they can start preparing for what is a busy time for them.

:j:j

Should work well for you.

My surprising shop small last year was my dentist!
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    emerald21 wrote: »
    Well 7 free draws up to now :( definitely not as good well for me anyway but whatever I get it’s a bonus :)

Anyone know of where any M & S advent calendars are please.
    Have you managed the other 3 yet?

Was wondering if you still won anything. My first 7 were draws too, then I got a coke and a £5 MnS.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • nearlysorted
    Options
    A v M today...

Candles worked....I noticed that the biscuit is also in the 3 4 2 so should compare against Morries to...

I did the chocolate shop but it didn't show the 5 4 1 on the receipt....Did I get the right ones...Help please...Do I need to go back for my GC...:D

Dairy milk buttons 14.4. gms
    Freddo 18 gms
    Chomp 23.5 gms
    Fudge 25.5 gms
    Curly Wurly 26 gms

8 items (7 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Morrisons
    1x Cadbury Fudge Chocolate Bar (25.5g) £0.25 £0.30
    2x Glade Luscious Cherry & Peony Large Scented Candle Air Freshener (each) £12.00 £8.00
    0.14x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.10 £0.10
    1x Cadbury Dairy Milk Freddo Chocolate Bar (18g) £0.25 £0.30
    1x Cadbury Curly Wurly Bar (26g) £0.35 £0.30
    1x ASDA Semi Skimmed Milk (4pt) £1.09 £1.10
    1x Glade Clean Linen Large Scented Candle Air Freshener (each) £6.00 £4.00
    1x Pilgrims Choice Extra Mature Cheddar Cheese (350g) £2.00 N/A
    Comparison total (compared products only) £20.04 £14.10
    +£5.94 cheaper
    Sarahdol75 wrote: »
    Marmite, I got the 5 for £1 chocs aswell, and they didnt show on receupt either, I wonder if I got the right ones aswell.

I don't normally have any help to offer:o but, don't think the normal freddo is in the 5 for £1 but the caramel is
    pepper77 wrote: »
    Can you post that shop ? I think there is better way.
    And if my SADA ever has any stock I'll test.

These I believe are 2 for £xx or something so would need to be bought in multiples of 2 for the bestish (is that a word?:eek:) return
  • bargainqueen8
    Options
    mrsmac10 wrote: »
    Hi

I have no intention of working my notice but am spending these three weeks writing notes on HOW TO .......

I was given wrong figures which I input into wages but as I am responsible for payroll it still my problem/fault That boss said there were other errors but he would not tell me what they were He is wrong. I got serious verbal abuse etc which made me angry and reduced me to tears later so I vowed to myself to go That boss has basically questioned by honesty by his planned progress requirements and that is the biggest issue of all but ......

If I had just walked then the xmas pay would be a shamble I am the only person here that knows the system and I would not do that to my staff They are mostly on NMW but with overtime that they need
    He will have forgotten by now how he spoke not only to be me but to 2 others and will be all pally again

I will be citing workplace stress and arthritic pain when I have finished the xmas pay run and my notice period will be covered by a fit note Sorted

you have made the right decision you wont regret it.:)
    you are such a lovely lady and conscientious hard worker who cares about the staff,he`s a complete muppet for treating you like he has(polite version:D)
    you will be able to have a lovely relaxed christmas and i am in no doubt you will easily fill your days.
    oh has just put the blackpool prog on and its where we had our coffee.:rotfl: i hope you will be back to visit us again sometime.:)
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    Of course they are.
    Don't be getting two:eek: triggers though on a shop - only need one:rotfl:.

They are in the same situation as the Tomato Ketchup crisps and the Heinz Lentil & Bacon - they are showing as "Unavailable" on a.com: if you search for them in the search box on the site, they don't get returned in any results (at least not when logged out, I haven't tried when logged in) but searching their name and "Asda" on a general search on Google brings them up such as here for example:

https://groceries.asda.com/product/single-bars-bags/cadbury-chomp-chocolate-bar/910003083849

Oh :( I got both, stupid mistake never mind.
    I don't normally have any help to offer:o but, don't think the normal freddo is in the 5 for £1 but the caramel is

These I believe are 2 for £xx or something so would need to be bought in multiples of 2 for the bestish (is that a word?:eek:) return

Normal freddo was definitely in the deal as was caramel.
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    michaels wrote: »
    Ummm....doesn't it start tomorrow?
    That's what I thought which is a beggar 'cos passing a few later!
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    Have you managed the other 3 yet?

Was wondering if you still won anything. My first 7 were draws too, then I got a coke and a £5 MnS.

Congratulations to me lol 2 days in a row all flaming draws:mad:

Free sweets on wuntu again get cracking :D

Hi Ellie and Bargainqueen :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills