Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Poppea wrote: »
    Loads of Santa Maria, El Paso & Capsicana products to look out for @Sainsbobs today:j:j:j All are 20p each:D

Including;

El Paso Stand n'Stuff Taco Kits
    El Paso Fajita Cooking Sauces (various flavours)
    Santa Maria Chipotle Sauce
    Santa Maria Chipotle Mayo
    Capsicana Sauces (various flavours)

and in my store as well
    Old El Paso red jalapeno relish
    beef steak rub
    latin american kitchen
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    tweets wrote: »
    Good Afternoon :hello:

Waiting patiently for the rain that's due at 8pm :j

Wonder if it will arrive Mondays rain must have been invisible I couldn't see it :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Well it arrived, but you were out so the driver left it up the road!
  • mhoc
    Options
    I went to Gweggs at lunchtime today to pick up my free salad after 'buying' a Ribena there the other day (using AP vouchers). My code wouldn't scan for some reason, so they just gave it to me. So I still have my code. This isn't helping my use up my AP vouchers, but I'm certainly not complaining! :D

Similar in every gregggs we have been in, often you have to log in at the doorway and then make a run to the counter, then run back again as it drops off again :o
    The girls are always sympathetic and quite often they just give you whatever it is anyway. On Saturday we had AP vouchers which worked beautifully and the girl said you sounded so surprised that it actually scanned :)
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    Options
    But that's a months' groceries when the glitch fairy is working :D

In our house its a good day if we only spend £5 - the RTC fairy and the glitch fairy dont ever visit around here ....
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,937 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • mhoc
    Options
    pippo wrote: »
    Received a letter a few days ago from a firm called Equiniti regarding an unclaimed payment in relation to Froiends Provident.
    Well being such a 'trusting' person I've spent 20 mins or so googling, checking them out with FCA and on this site. I then rang their freephone number. Answered quickly and within 2 mins after I confirmed my address (That was all the info they wanted) I was told a cheque will be with me within 5 days. :j:j

What a shame it is only for £5.30...:rotfl::rotfl:

This is the problem now, we mistrust everyone. Basically if any company rings you now, you have to vet them and put them through security checks, just the same as when you ring them!
    Every email from paypal, even the genuine ones I report as spam email now.
    I had an odd one the other day. I had a call from a building society but we were in the car edging past an accident at the time so I said I would call them back. So eventually we got home and I checked the account firstly -by logging on the main computer for added safety. It all looked normal so then I rang them up using the number on the website - it was an unknown number on my phone. It turned out it was just confirmation of a maturing account and they needed to match my account details to what they had on file - yes a very pecular way of doing things.
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :j:j:j

B00Ts travel insurance :D:D:D very very reasonable & covers That Sisters cancer - we can go to Salou :T:T

Excellent news :D Funny, never occurred to me that Boots even did travel insurance:eek:
    russetred wrote: »
    Hi all back from my holidays and with a question. I picked up one of the floral cabin bags from Aldi in May I think and used it on my hols. At the airport the zip burst open as the two ends of the zip had not been joined IYKWIM. Is there anywhere I can view the special buys for the week of the suitcases as I cant find the receipt. I'll need the price so I can trawl through the credit card account to find proof of postage. Cheers.

Have you tried googling 'Aldi Special Buys April 2018' or such - can uou recall the date? I got a few results googling by date but didn't seem like many so might only be what theh have in stock.

Other than that, can you not search for Aldi rather than the price on your statement?
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • Freewheeling
    Freewheeling Posts: 622 Forumite
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    Similar in every gregggs we have been in, often you have to log in at the doorway and then make a run to the counter, then run back again as it drops off again :o
    The girls are always sympathetic and quite often they just give you whatever it is anyway. On Saturday we had AP vouchers which worked beautifully and the girl said you sounded so surprised that it actually scanned :)

The funny thing is, it wasn't an AP code that was causing the problems, it was the Gweggs app itself. I had the free salad voucher on there so I should have just been able to scan the app, to get the salad for free. I wasn't very clear in my original message. So I still have my free salad code, and the AP vouchers!!
  • pippo
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Afternoon all :D
    Afternoon Bubbs

We've just eaten some of your beef! Belated Sunday lunch, early dinner for today due to ... well you know what!
  • pippo
    Options
    Excellent news :D Funny, never occurred to me that Boots even did travel insurance:eek:

they do things kitchen appliances too, which I always forget about!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure