Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• Arthien
    Arthien Posts: 1,513 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If anyone spots a discount for men's accessories in M&S, please shout as I'm after a leather laptop bag. It's one of the few things left on my list for DH but the ones in store aren't shifting because they're all scratched and scuffed, so ordering online is going to be the best option I think.
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Options
    So sorry to hear your sad news Di, thinking of you x
  • marmitelovemehateme
    Options
    izzeyb wrote: »
    Billet-doux for marmite :)

If you are getting Mullers and come across a halloween muller or after dinner mint, don't get them both in one shop .... just one or the other just might work as a trigger ;)

The Muller light Caramel and Kiwi fruit/Pineapple are on limited edition at the moment...Might be worth a little tester using either of those....One never knows unless one tries....:rotfl:
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    davemorton wrote: »
    Morning everyone, for SSM :D :beer: Hukd
    Black Friday offer of 4.5 litres of Jim Beam for £70 at Morrisons instore - includes a nice stand/cradle
    Various giant drink offers including

Jim Beam 4.5 Litres - £70
    Famous Grouse 4.5 Litres - £70
    Jagermeister 1.75 Litres - £30
    Disaronno 1.75 litres - £30

I didn't notice these sorry. The price on those bottles:eek:. I think I must be averse to most things marked by stores as "Black Friday" and it is probably a good thing that I am, by and large, it seems I not getting drawn into it. These bigger products are of course requiring people to buy more and they are simply paying more for buying the larger quantity that they have. I think a far better way is to ignore almost everything that is marked as "Black Friday"- a lot of it seems to be a retail industry concoction as an opportunity simply to sell to customers and have them spending more, especially with the hype in the run-up to Christmas. Notice I don't say ignore everything but instead almost everything - which means unless it really really is a good deal at a cheap price that hasn't been seen before (and not something inflated in price beforehand in order to go to a more expensive Black Friday "offer" than the product regularly cost the rest of the year apart from the time it went up).

Here, I think you must be paying for that stand/cradle:eek: - £70 for 4.5L works out at £15.55... per 1L. As my guide price is £15 for 1L, this is therefore in excess and is paying 55p extra per litre - the bigger they make those bottles, at that price per litre, the more they make! Fwiw now, there was a Jim Beam Apple product a long time ago that went onto RTC. I have looked for it on my ancient list to see what price it really was (I seem to be thinking £10 or £13 for 1L) but I have removed it - since I never remove anything these days, that hasn't clearly had an offer expiry, I think it might later have gone back up in price. I would be surprised if it was still available now, but then anything can surprise me. Barring a surprise therefore, it's likely to be unavailable now and, if £70 works for you, then all is good:cool:.

I am not much impressed by the prices at M on many of the standard 1L/70cl bottles at the moment and have not been much impressed for the last several weeks - there are no 1L branded alcohol bottles on £15 that other supermarkets may have, or have had very recently, and the mbuy price (in England and Wales) on the 70cl bottles (presumably straight price in Scotland) is too high IMO. I am therefore avoiding them - I realise that, yet again, I am doing so at the very time when many people may want to buy them, the time at which it is probably the worst time to be buying them, but nonetheless I shall stand out on my own again.

As for the items for "Black Friday", I feel that many of these have been brought in specially and will go onto cheaper RTC after the whole thing is over, if there is any stock available. Some of the items last year did so, so I ought to be avoiding all of them - but I am being caught by a few of them, with the caveat that the offers may probably be paying too much at the moment, as they may be cheaper afterwards.

Today I was finding the more "normal" sized 360g Toblerone bars at £3 in M very amusing:rotfl:. The 360g item is, I find, hilarious because, even at that price, and we know it should be 75p as that's what Waitrose has been before, it works out a lot cheaper than M's huge Toblerone. They have a 4.5Kg Toblerone for "Black Friday" at £57:eek::eek:. It's 12.5 times the weight of the 360g product so, £3 x 12.5 = £37.50:rotfl:. Just so funny if people buy the 4.5Kg ones:rotfl::rotfl:.
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Options
    Snap sending you much love and strength, your sister is in my thoughts xx
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Arthien wrote: »
    If anyone spots a discount for men's accessories in M&S, please shout as I'm after a leather laptop bag. It's one of the few things left on my list for DH but the ones in store aren't shifting because they're all scratched and scuffed, so ordering online is going to be the best option I think.

now you are going to hate me and quite rightly.

I had the 20% off discount friends and family vouchers - each valid three times for online shops and I did say I was recycling.

They expired last night.

Possibly something might come up on the sparks offers tommorow
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • marmitelovemehateme
    Options
    So sorry Di....

2mc7n0i.jpg
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • izzeyb
    izzeyb Posts: 5,265 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    The Muller light Caramel and Kiwi fruit/Pineapple are on limited edition at the moment...Might be worth a little tester using either of those....One never knows unless one tries....:rotfl:

I can't see it on asda dotcom marmite, good spot, like you say, got to be worth a try :)

• pepper77_2
    pepper77_2 Posts: 2,997 Forumite
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    UNTESTED too big apg for me,
    Fusion and mac3 they are £15 each 3 4 2 but in t and m /w 2 for £20
    mac are £8 each 3 4 2 and 2 for 12.50 t and m

Gillette Fusion ProGlide Power Blades
    (4) 3 reviews
    ASDA £15.00
    £3.75 / Blade
    Tesco
    £15.00 any 2 for £20.00 Offer
    Morrisons
    £15.27 2 for £20.00 Offer
    Waitrose
    £15.50 any 2 for £20.00

Hope this helps
    Me too, I could really do with razors, them venus razors are useless for blokes.
  • Sunshinemummy
    Options
    davemorton wrote: »
    Morning everyone, for SSM :D :beer: Hukd
    Black Friday offer of 4.5 litres of Jim Beam for £70 at Morrisons instore - includes a nice stand/cradle
    Various giant drink offers including

Jim Beam 4.5 Litres - £70
    Famous Grouse 4.5 Litres - £70
    Jagermeister 1.75 Litres - £30
    Disaronno 1.75 litres - £30

And spend £50 for 10 p off each litre of petrol.... bonus!

:D:D:D:D:D
    bubbs wrote: »
    UNTESTED too big apg for me,
    Fusion and mac3 they are £15 each 3 4 2 but in t and m /w 2 for £20
    mac are £8 each 3 4 2 and 2 for 12.50 t and m

Gillette Fusion ProGlide Power Blades
    (4) 3 reviews
    ASDA £15.00
    £3.75 / Blade
    Tesco
    £15.00 any 2 for £20.00 Offer
    Morrisons
    £15.27 2 for £20.00 Offer
    Waitrose
    £15.50 any 2 for £20.00

20171122_141030.jpg

20171122_140955.jpg

Hope this helps

Interesting.... my boys are fed up with shaving with lady razors!!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport