Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    animated-horse-image-0086.gif

It's Grand National Day Tomorrow. We have done it in the past, so against my better judgement, as I am carp at organising things, we should try to raise some money for good causes. Usual rules apply. Pick a number, copy the list (highlight, then press Ctrl 'C'), then paste it into a new post (press Ctrl 'V') and I will do my best to keep up with the chaos. I will request someone as my trusty person who will keep a copy list to the horses/corresponding numbers to make sure I don't cheat. The winner gets to choose the cause and we all pay our £2 to that cause. I hope im not breaking any forum rules, as all charity links/donation links will be put onto the relevant forum section. As ever there's no obligation to take part at all, and if it all goes breastage up, blame Bubbs Oh, and if you pick a non runner/donkey/3 legged albatross, tough!

List 2

3. emerald21
    13. Its a secret 66
    21. nanx4
    38. Vouchercrazy
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Afternoon all

Thank you Truely for your comment.

I was so pleased to see the Grand National again this year. I asked about it being done last year and started a whole hornets nest :0

Please could i have number 13 in the second race please.

How is Nannylala has anyone seen her post recently, and Spirallingdown, Mrs Stink to name but a few.

I have been pants at glitching recently as my bank account shows.
    When life gets mad and then a touch of black dog it all goes petong.
    Our dog is keep wetting herself when she is asleep. she is on medication for that and her arthritis . I have five lots of her bedding on the line.

Suns out now so hopefully good weather and better mood will prevail.

(((X))) Awe hope your doggy is ok gave her an hug to please.

Nannylala posted last month easter think it was she had seen a pic of our Poppy so posted :T
  • izzy65
    izzy65 Posts: 2,862 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all

I was so pleased to see the Grand National again this year. I asked about it being done last year and started a whole hornets nest :0

How is Nannylala has anyone seen her post recently, and Spirallingdown, Mrs Stink to name but a few.

Our dog is keep wetting herself when she is asleep. she is on medication for that and her arthritis . I have five lots of her bedding on the line.

Poor baby, try an incontinence pad the type for in a bed , I was fortunate had a load for under my arm when needles are in:o, then just wiped her down with baby wipes saved such a lot of washing, actually if you can get a training sheet for a toddlers bed that would do.:)
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :o:o Not a Grand National fan but that is me :o

Count Arthur Strong last night was so funny & we had booked front row seats last year so plenty of leg room to stretch my poorly leg :o

We decided to catch early train home but I had to take some shoes back to QVC before train
    QVC opens at 9am - train goes 9.27am...

So we discovered we had no mobile signal in PI & my room didn't have a telephone & Fourp was on a different floor :o
    But I was awake when he knocked & so we were queuing outside QVC at 9am but could see them inside watching us :(
    Galloped in - spotted a new pile of £1.99 EMU boots, quick rummage & find a good pair for tweets :D
    Also the EMU Delegate boots I walked away from yesterday were still there for £25, they lace up, so I can get the crook foot in them :o
    Did exchange & luckily I was alert as SA tried to charge me £34.99 for the £1.99 pair :eek:
    Then off we shuffled & caught train & then I limped to Ts so I don't have to go out again & relax :D

:eek: Garden is littered with air soft gun pellets :mad:
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• josie_ann57
    josie_ann57 Posts: 1,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    It's Grand National Day Tomorrow. We have done it in the past, so against my better judgement, as I am carp at organising things, we should try to raise some money for good causes. Usual rules apply. Pick a number, copy the list (highlight, then press Ctrl 'C'), then paste it into a new post (press Ctrl 'V') and I will do my best to keep up with the chaos. I will request someone as my trusty person who will keep a copy list to the horses/corresponding numbers to make sure I don't cheat. The winner gets to choose the cause and we all pay our £2 to that cause. I hope im not breaking any forum rules, as all charity links/donation links will be put onto the relevant forum section. As ever there's no obligation to take part at all, and if it all goes breastage up, blame Bubbs Oh, and if you pick a non runner/donkey/3 legged albatross, tough!

List 2

3. emerald21
    13. Its a secret 66
    21. nanx4
    33. josie_ann57
    38. Vouchercrazy
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Afternoon all

We don't have many hornets nests these days.....I hope you find it a safer place to stay:)

There's glitches still around. Izzeyb found a brilliant soup one last week.......I sure your glitching skills will come flooding back:)

You've just made me think of something.

I was in the library yesterday and they've opened a section on mental health for children and teens and there was a book explaining low mood, depression and that bloomin Black dog:o
    There are some brilliant books out at the moment for youngsters who are suffering and struggling to come to terms with it all. Mental health provision can be patchy in places, CAMHS are inundated:o
    I'm not saying self help is the answer but it may be worth exploring your local library if you feel youngsters need a helping hand.
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • its_a_secret_66
    Options
    Thank you for your kind suggestions. Has anyone tried dog nappies, the washable ones. Though my children wont forgive me. Poor Millie our dog can t go for walks now, just likes to ride out with my husband and van in their vans.
    My sons was watching her in her sleep the other day and said she was so happy running along in her sleep, barking away. She used to run like the wind.
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

:) We bought these soft incontinence blankets for our slack bladder cat from Amazon
    £14 for 2 but are brilliant & retain the fluid :T

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01ATKTVJQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    What time does this race kick off?

Have I got time to go to Sains?:rotfl:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Jeremiah_T_Stone
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    What time does this race kick off?

Have I got time to go to Sains?:rotfl:

Yes you have time TM :A - they're scheduled to be off at 5.15pm :)
    Fighting Recurring Cancer
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport