🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• MKS
    MKS Posts: 10,328 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    NO BUT AT FULL PRICE THEY WERE £1.50 for three:eek:

My potatoes have long gone. I’m just left with onions, garlic and apples:)

Just using the last of the onions but have lots of shallots left as well as carrots, a few leeks, brussels, red cabbage and beetroot (pablo, is really good for all year).

Have you tried this? SW version uses butter frylight otherwise a knob of butter. In a foil dish put about 6 peeled, halved shallots, 6 peeled and quartered mushrooms, frylight or butter on top, sprinkle with herbs de Provence, cover with foil lid, put on the bbq (I have a gas one) and cook for about 20 mins. Goes well with pork or chicken.
  • MKS
    MKS Posts: 10,328 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    hornetgirl wrote: »
    I know it is a big ask, with so many worthwhile causes competing for everyones cash, but on Friday night I will be doing the Big Issue Night Walk again. If anyone is able to spare a little it would be so much appreciated. A link to our fundraising page is on the charities board here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73929684#post73929684

The weather forecast is saying its going to be COLD this week. I am choosing to do this. Not everyone is that lucky. Thank you for any support you are able to give x

Good luck HG. Done x
  • chocaholics
    Options
    hornetgirl wrote: »
    I know it is a big ask, with so many worthwhile causes competing for everyones cash, but on Friday night I will be doing the Big Issue Night Walk again. If anyone is able to spare a little it would be so much appreciated. A link to our fundraising page is on the charities board here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73929684#post73929684

The weather forecast is saying its going to be COLD this week. I am choosing to do this. Not everyone is that lucky. Thank you for any support you are able to give x

Done and good luckxx
  • mrs_lds
    mrs_lds Posts: 4,103 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    Good morning beautiful people

Anyone from Wales interested in mystery shopping payment is for lunch/dinner or drinks varies between £20 -£40 incl report.
    Pleae pm if interested.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Someone was asking about cheaper Gillette handles a while ago:

£1.99 for ProGlide, not free but cheaper than instore:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/gillette-proglide-flexball-razor-only-199-delivered-2899348

HTH

Anon
  • locarr
    locarr Posts: 8,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning All!

image.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225 image.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225 image.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225 image.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225 image.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225 image.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225 image.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225
    "He that lieth down with dogs shall rise up with fleas" Benjamin Franklin

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
  • locarr
    locarr Posts: 8,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 24 February 2018 at 12:18PM
    Options
    michaels wrote: »
    Waities was hard, having planned a shop, updates my picks etc they were then oos with 75% of what I had planned and I had not left enough time before DK taxi to change things. Ended up spending 2x 16 for allegedly 2 x 30 odd quids worth of stuff but I don't feel I have come home with massive value :(

What did you get out of interest? :)

I feel hard done by if I spend more than a tenner with my 6 off 30 cond spend! ;)
    "He that lieth down with dogs shall rise up with fleas" Benjamin Franklin

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MKS wrote: »
    I agree but preferably line dried. All of the 'smelly' fab cons just don't compare with fresh air. If only the manufacturers could make that smell.

:D Yes this bed linen was washed & line dried yesterday morning, aired and not ironed & is divine :D

I agree Silvercar = fresh bedding every day & someone to wash my hair with a scalp massage :D:D
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    [SIZE=+1]hornetgirl was yesterday's smartest player![/SIZE] star.gif

:D:D

24 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

[SIZE=+0]Today's Topic (Saturday): Literature 1 : Easier

[/SIZE]27866997_2092897494288512_1733378312937089050_n.jpg?oh=538de073b72a8578a24907c93c263f5a&oe=5B121C95
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Snap Ant - postie has been and I can only say a big huge thank you!

I absolutely love the postcard - I have a family connection to that bridge too :D
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family