Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Mrsmac....our paths rarely cross.....how is retirement suiting you and have you got over your accidents?
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    The aubergines I buy are thicker than that:o

Thats coz you is a Durham lass, but we have to scale it down for the sootherners so they dont get jealous ;)
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • davemorton
    Options
    Is it just a white onion I wonder:think::think:

Dunno, but they are lovely and sweet, in an onion savoury way.
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    davemorton wrote: »
    Thats coz you is a Durham lass, but we have to scale it down for the sootherners so they dont get jealous ;)

B601_D331-_CCBD-4_ED5-9900-_DCA9_AA9_DF1_C5.gif
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options

What you watching on the telly?:D
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • davemorton
    Options
    Arrggg!!! I still cant find images/giffs on google then copy them across any more, so annoying!!
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Hello izzy65:hello::hello:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Arrggg!!! I still cant find images/giffs on google then copy them across any more, so annoying!!

I don’t understand why....can you not use post image?
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 24 February 2018 at 12:14AM
    Options
    Spotted these in T tonight

E0_B0_DFEE-954_F-4_F82-9481-558_DC58_F30_D3.jpg

I am of course aware of the 50p Baking Potatoes in M and also of the potential (now actual) comparison from the much more expensive A price - the Baking Potatoes have been 50p in M for probably at least nearly two weeks already - but, not only is T cheaper, even if by one penny, so they wouldn't make the M list anyway, 50p price for just four potatoes isn't seen as very good at all. I therefore notice the item but decide not to put it onto the list. Even so, it's not always the way these days that items are excluded if I think they are too high price (for what they are) - some items, which may or may not be any good (and it's for you to decide when looking at the list and deciding whether or not to buy them), still make the list where for example there is a large price difference or M is cheaper than a cursory check online reveals being charged elsewhere or prioritisation given for some items to appear on the list because they are not showing for M online or otherwise might not be generally known.

On potatoes, since my As do not have 12.5Kg bags that I'm told are £2.50 - or at least were on two regular occasions - I don't know if that is a regular price in A but it seems it might be - I have, for the sake of 50p that would be lost in identifying and travelling to an A that has this product, gone to buying the 12.5Kg bag at £3 in M that works out cheaper than my previous 2Kg potatoes at 59p from Home Bargains and was pleased that I did not find any bag on its date on reduction in any of the Ms I subsequently visited.

The trouble is, if I buy a full £3 offer bag, I'll later find a reduced bag in another store but, if I don't buy any bag at all and wait to find that reduced bag, then I'll end up with no potatoes at all as the bags won't even be available at all in my final store. I am fed up spending days trying to find reduced potatoes whilst we run out of them more and more and then being on my last spud and having to go out and buy some anyway, which will then not be on their date and won't be any whoopsie potatoes available in the store I happen to choose, so I just bit the bullet and paid the £3 and sometimes it has to be done. At least I now have some potatoes - and they were cheaper than my 59p (for 2Kg) Home Bargains ones from before anyway.

The other way is expensive 2.5Kg bags at £1 which, for £3, get you 7.5Kg and nowhere near 12.5Kg. 5Kg extra for the same price - it seems clear to me which is overall better - we are now spending much less than buying 2.5Kg bags which don't last a week before I am then having to buy yet more potatoes. So, I now prefer to put potato-buying off for a whole another month and buy at least 12Kg when I do buy some.

Whoopsies of specific items are too haphazard and too random and I've lost trying to scout around for them, only to end up not finding any and then having to pay full price anyway, for 2.5Kg, and I'm still saving by buying 12.5Kg for £3 instead. You get what you what you have available to you in your store - if there's a whoopsie available to be had, of something you need, then you get it but if you go looking for a particular type of product and expecting to have a whoopsie of exactly what you need, then you'll probably be very unlikely to find it.

I'm aware of the 50p Baking Potatoes in M. I'm also aware of the 12.5Kg bags at £3 and I'm aware of 1.5Kg Maris Piper Potatoes at 50p in M. What I'm not aware of is the Tommee Tippee Essentials Explora Blender, if it is available in M (what do you mean Savvy, you don't know that it is?), and what price it now is. All my trips through stores, and I failed to have one that has any sight or indication of the product. What I need therefore is someone just to pop to their M and immediately see the product standing out from the shelves with a big yellow RTC label in front of it showing it has gone to some ridiculously cheap price. If it has, then I know nothing about it and its just a visualisation pipe dream that I have - I can see it in my mind in some store I haven't visited straight there, with whoever from this thread visits that store of theirs able to see it immediate straight and obvious and wondering why I have missed it and cannot see it. I suspect it has probably gone to full price £20 but of course I don't know - I am left with no clue about it, having lost it after it was £10 three weeks ago. I think, if people go to their stores, many people are unlikely to find it but that someone probably would find it and have that unlikely chance materialise.

I also feel that, despite my stores, and this is the best I can do - as many stores as I am able to visit within my resources as part of a full and comprehensive check for this occasion - this is an occasion on which - yes, every additional store gave me something none of the previous stores did - if anyone goes to a store I haven't visited, which is very likely since I have visited a fraction of M's estate for this week's check - there will be good items in their store that I have still not got. If someone else goes to another store that I haven't visited, they will probably have the items, or likely some or the majority of them, that the other person has found, that I still haven't found and will probably have items that neither me nor the other person found that I haven't found. As regards items I suspect I still haven't found (obviously I don't know what items they are, as that is the whole point - I haven't found out what they are!) - I am now not going to find without going out to another store, even then I will still have items that haven't been in any I have visited, unless they land in one of the places I revisit next time.

This time is a collection where, at the beginning, there didn't seem to be much change in my first store (seems so long ago now!) but there clearly have been changes on ranges that that store doesn't have - I have got two full ranges of changes I can think of and, for me, they are also in different stores from each other. I suspect my mention of 1.5Kg Maris Piper Potatoes will be meaningless to some people, who will not find any such thing in their M.

What I will do, from this check of what I had available to me - that has found everything I possibly could - is update the list from the "full and proper" check that I have done this time - I no longer have the ability to travel out like I did before but I am currently doing one of these full checks, involving more stores, about once a month or so. It will of course take forever and a day as it is one of my big checks again. Despite this, I feel and I suspect - I almost know - that there are good items out there in M that I am unaware of that were in none of the stores I have visited, perhaps particularly the baby clearance items - I feel sure that I have still not seen some, or even many, of those - although also it will be items across all areas of the store that I haven't got.

Meanwhile I am still managing to find a few of the Christmas legacy items around, for example the frozen food items - having travelled from, I think, the store that had the 4U Ice Cream Cones - I think they are more like Magnums than cones - at full price SEL when they are 50p RTC and had 50p RTC for the Rule of Crumb Profiteroles but no stock - to the store that had the Poppin Chicken in stock with incorrect £1 SEL but no Profiteroles or 4U Cones to the store that had the Profiteroles in stock with full price SEL for those and a SEL of £1 RTC for M's Chicken Dippers 650g but no stock of those:rotfl:. I might eventually find stock of the Chicken Dippers somewhere but SELs for everything for which I have stock only at stores with full price SELs for them or no SELs and which may have RTC SELs for items that I have physically only in another store that has no SEL for them or a full price SEL:rotfl:.

If you want just to see all the items (insofar as I have found them) with the RTC prices - or last price I have for them - then the list may be the best place and may help you to identify which full price SEL items in your store are probably not. Or it will be once I have updated it through the next several days.

I have also got an item with its offer price from online in earlier weeks, despite not having it in my stores (I don't need to have items instore nowadays). I ended up with a store that, finally, had the item for me - so I have now physically seen it, although a SEL alone would have done - and ended up with it, in the only store I have so far had it, with full price SEL:(. (It just shows how difficult it is to get some items and, then, when you finally have them, the SEL is for what I believe to be an incorrect price:(:rotfl:.) I didn't bother with it this time - I think it's just one of those fiddly clipstrip things whose price label hasn't been changed and that has just been missed - I think it will be the offer price that is online and every one of the other three items from all around the store that had full price SEL scanned at their offer prices. As for the Explora Blender, I might just do a quick check to see if it is now online and has turned up there - that sort of thing could happen:rotfl:. Have it nowhere and it's now online:huh:.

As regards the price comparison schemes, I don't think it's a major and widespread concern affecting every item you try to compare, although I think the APG (and possibly more so the TBG) probably won't have some of the items that I have if I have visited more stores than they use but they will probably have some of those items I still haven't found (of course I cannot prove that those items are there but I suspect they exist). I think that they will have the core range of items from a small number of stores (in the context of 500+), although I am not sure what the core range is as stores can be so different (but put the stores that are different together and you have a reasonable range, if you see what I mean). However, random items appear and disappear at will from stores. When they disappear, they are then usually found in another store when checking a set but sometimes the odd ones get lost and don't turn up at all. I was obviously losing less when I was checking six each time, but now I generally have fewer, sometimes they disappear for a couple of weeks (when they will undoubtedly continue at same price in another M and are not items of great concern) and then they come back to my original store.
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,021 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Think about it ;)

lgJCmtjW_400x400.jpg

Once I looked at the emoji all became clear although I also felt inadequate.

C2W67A5XAAARVmA.jpg
    I think....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family