Forum Home» Quick! Grabbit while you can» It's Gone, but was it any good?

Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½ - Page 2023

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

edited 19 February 2018 at 11:48AM in It's Gone, but was it any good?
57.6K replies 5M views

Replies

• braveheart60ukbraveheart60uk Forumite
    3.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just tried it out and I still get a free pizza link - not claiming it though lol
    sorry, how do you get this pizza?
  • silvercarsilvercar Forumite, Board Guide
    41.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hazelo123 wrote: »
    Could I ask about the virgin app please, I downloaded the app but don’t know how to activate it !!!129300; thanks x

It is the Virgin Red app you need.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debate House Prices & the Economy, House Buying, Renting & Selling, Mortgages and Endowments, In My Home incl DIY, Overseas Holidays & Student boards.
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.
  • bubbsbubbs Forumite
    62.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    MKS wrote: »
    I didn't think that you'd been on it that long as we met before you started SW.

It's 45 weeks :D:D
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D
    ::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • mhocmhoc Forumite
    19.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GlynDwr wrote: »
    You're both behind the times. Caffe Nero offer expired last week. No current plans for it to return.

I used one the previous weekend and it then went and came back but last night it was marked as expired - it never worked for me anyway and the nice chaps always had to do it manually on the till. Mind you last time I noticed it was valid for 24 hours - I know somewhere where there are 3 Neros within walking distance of each other so you could easily use the non working code in 3 shops :)
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Picasso7Picasso7 Forumite
    4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anon wrote: »
    Panic over nothing, ordered online for collection, paid instore and they just typed the numbers in the till. £10 extra saved by using two £5 off voucher codes to order the giftcards. Hopefully 5% Q.

HTH

Anon

Just catching up. Delighted this worked for you, Anon.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • Picasso7Picasso7 Forumite
    4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    silvercar wrote: »
    Great list!

Virgin Red gives discounts on virgin trains and cafe nero in particular but also other random things as well as a points make prize draws.

Also sparks card from M&S. John Lewis loyalty card.

Virgin Red also gives you free wifi on the train, which I use every time!
  • Just grabbed *coughs* a few Dr Oetker pizza vouchers off the FB messenger ap.

I know a lot of people are sick of them, but they are free food and very handy for a quick meal to just bung in the oven.

DS3 loves them. He has a pizza most days (and a pack of sausages)... weird diet!
    silvercar wrote: »
    It is the Virgin Red app you need.

I need to have a look at this...:D:D:D
  • bubbsbubbs Forumite
    62.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    shop v t
    Thought id get yogs while still 12 for £3 in t
    4 items (7 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Tesco
    1x Linda McCartney Meat Free 6 Red Onion & Rosemary Sausages (300g) £2.00 £2.00
    1x ASDA Smart Price Spaghetti in Tomato Sauce (395g) £0.20 N/A
    1x ASDA Baker's Selection Square Cut Medium Wholemeal Bread (800g) £0.55 N/A
    5x Muller Light Fat Free Toffee Yogurt (1x175g) £3.40 £1.25
    1x ASDA Smartprice Wrapping Foil (20x290) £0.65 N/A
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt (175g) £0.68 £0.25
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Banana & Custard Yogurt (175g) £0.68 £0.25
    1x ASDA Smart Price Mushy Peas (300g) £0.20 £0.20
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Vanilla & Dark Chocolate Yogurt (165g) £0.68 £0.25
    4x Muller Light Raspberry Doughnut Flavour Yogurt (165g) £2.72 £1.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) £10.36 £5.20
    +£5.16 cheaper
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D
    ::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • emerald21emerald21 Forumite
    11.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mrsmac10 wrote: »
    Thanks for this I have added it to my favourites

I BOUGHT :rotfl: a wowcher course to get a NUS card Probably should have asked on here first There seems to be a reasonable number of places that do a discount with an NUS card so will recover at least some of the cost back

Sent DH to greggs with a voucher on the phone He says it worked and paid up also It did not come off So maybe next time I will just go myself

You have to delete them yourself.
  • emerald21emerald21 Forumite
    11.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    scamps1966 wrote: »
    My kitchen was supposed to be finished last week but the painter was off sick!

He's been here today since 8am. When he turned up he asked me if I could put the heating on to help the paint dry. I put it on 17 degrees as that's what I always put it on and when I just checked, he'd put it up to 25 degrees!! No wonder i'm sat here sweating!

And to top it all he has an electric heater as well. Window is open and back door has been open for a while also!

Just checked my meter reading and since 8am he's used £4.27 gas and £2.34 of electric! :mad:

I hope he isn't here much longer as I use that much gas in a week and less than £1 a day for electric!

Cheeky !!!!!! . :eek:
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support