Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I had to change my password too. Totally forgot what password was, as use autofill. What a scutter LOL

Got my Thornies choc heart today :)

When we got ours the receipt came with a till spit to get the little packs for £1 instead of £3 - the ones we got free from was it 0002 ??? Anyway OH got the dark chocolate gingers ones which were quite nice - scoffed the entire pack last night :mad:
    I got the marzipan ones with the almond on the top and they are tasteless :( - I've only had 3 as I have self control :)
    But this has reminded me to email a complaint.
    You used to get Thorntons misshapes from Home Bargains for £1 and odd times there were these marzipan ones which were very nice - not any more.
    I wish I'd got the coffee ones now
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    FYI
    I needed something cheap to reach £10 to get free paper. I had a £1.50 coupon for nuts
    Did not really want them but heyho they were free
    No problem sa scanning a £1.50 voucher against a £1 pack. So 50 p profit on nuts
    Guessing it will work on most mailing vouchers unless a specific item named. HTH
    Today’s £11 shop cost £1.55
    Oh I will so miss pyo
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    zippydooda wrote: »
    FYI
    I needed something cheap to reach £10 to get free paper. I had a £1.50 coupon for nuts
    No problem sa scanning a £1.50 voucher against a £1 pack. So 50 p profit on nuts
    Guessing it will work on most mailing vouchers unless a specific item named. HTH
    Oh I will so miss pyo

But they have been listening and responding to customer feedback ... yeah right! Please replace PYO with two random vouchers every few months ... I cannot see many have requested that! :(

Anon
  • izzeyb
    izzeyb Posts: 5,265 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    zippydooda wrote: »
    FYI
    Oh I will so miss pyo

:sad: and me

I thought they might have fixed not having to spend the full amount to meet the conditional spend vouchers, but this came a bit out of the blue
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    izzeyb wrote: »
    Are these this week's special Iceland 7 day offer please curl girl ?

Just wondering if it's a store specific buy.

thanks

Not a 7 day, just normal shelf label.
    They had the rinse aid at £1 as well.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,939 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all:D
    Dont know if people know about this, saw it today and dont know why pic upside down:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    £2 in "poundland"
    100_8211_1.jpg

This is the big Vanish 1.3kg £5 they had the pink ones as well
    100_8210_1.jpg
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • lalli_pickle
    Options
    Haven!!!8217;t checked back yet but dettol antibacterial wipes are on pot.

10 packs at £3.60 plus coffee and paper (there was no magazine) makes £40+
    Two for £4 so £20
    Minus 20% of £36 so £12.80
    Minus £4 off £40 mailing £8.80

Also did frying steak and mince on another shop for £15.

Had £1.50 off soft drinks and whites lemonade on pot, £1.35 each or two for £2 so better than free.

And thanks to whoever posted the be fish fingers I now have a nice stock of those too.

Off to read back since this password change thing has had me stumped all day
  • HILLBERN
    HILLBERN Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    HILLBERN wrote: »

Thanks HILLBERN. After today, I'm out of the office until Tuesday so don't worry if I don't reply straightaway. I'll pick it up when I'm back. :)

Have a good weekend. :j

Malc

son had phone call apparently its been said his case is not applicable for the back billing rule, so he has to pay...therefore hes complained and taken it to the next level.
    further correspondence will be via email as hes on holiday soon
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    When we got ours the receipt came with a till spit to get the little packs for £1 instead of £3 - the ones we got free from was it 0002 ??? Anyway OH got the dark chocolate gingers ones which were quite nice - scoffed the entire pack last night :mad:
    I got the marzipan ones with the almond on the top and they are tasteless :( - I've only had 3 as I have self control :)
    But this has reminded me to email a complaint.
    You used to get Thorntons misshapes from Home Bargains for £1 and odd times there were these marzipan ones which were very nice - not any more.
    I wish I'd got the coffee ones now

The girl in Chester said they had changed owners and the broken pieces etc aren t forthcoming anymore so I don t know

Good Afternoon :)
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    Options
    Thought I’d treat Mrs zippy. Thanks to peeps discarded receipts

Was getting the j2o for a possible £1.50 apg but oos

422_DF7_FF-8953-43_FE-_A153-596021_E296_CE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories