Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Chrisv wrote: »
    Swipe right, or click top left for "more" tab.

Chris, how do you get a voucher to play for a collectable please?
    I've got 2/14 from last weekend's matches, think they were on match days, do you have to wait for random invite or is there a format?
    Thanks.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Chrisv wrote: »
    Have you updated - Carling collectables is the new game :)

collect.jpg

do you just open it everyday then. tia
    ps got 2 packs of zest in morrisons today
  • russetred
    russetred Posts: 1,334 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've got the collectables on my carling tap and I have won 4 collectables out of the 14 you need to get a free 4 pack of carling. Last weekend my players on TSYS got 6 goals giving me the 4 collectables and 2 £2 off 4 pack. I only win when there is a match on and the next matches are tomorrow at 12:30 and 17:30.
    "Sometimes life sucks....but the alternative is unacceptable."
  • Wheres_My_Cashback
    Options
    emerald21 wrote: »
    Yes I did actually but only the Pizza Express one. I have heard different things. A yes or a no would have done

Why go on what you hear? Just put finger on £20 card and hey presto, up pops the answer ! It takes approx 2.4786432 seconds ;)

Can never fathom out why people here just don't help themselves a little more rather than rely on everyone else to give them the answers to the most basic of questions. Maybe they're just LAZY !
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    russetred wrote: »
    I've got the collectables on my carling tap and I have won 4 collectables out of the 14 you need to get a free 4 pack of carling. Last weekend my players on TSYS got 6 goals giving me the 4 collectables and 2 £2 off 4 pack. I only win when there is a match on and the next matches are tomorrow at 12:30 and 17:30.

4 pack of zest is £2.45 in morrisons today, if thats the offer you have. thanks chrisv
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    russetred wrote: »

Thanks.
    Thought I'd been missing something!
    It will take me forever to get 14 as my players never seemto score. :(
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    zippydooda wrote: »
    do you just open it everyday then. tia
    ps got 2 packs of zest in morrisons today

I haven't got a clue :rotfl: I just tapped on it and it gave me a "collectable" :o It's now saying "Coming Soon" :think:

Mebbe as russetred says it only gives them on match days?

Pleased you got your zest zippy :) I didn't realise that it was REALLY £2.45 in Morries, I just thought it was an apg price error lol.
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Hmm - never seen this before - I don't like change :o:rotfl:

password.jpg
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,019 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    Did you ever try this? it had crossed my mind for the 2k Nectar offer, but the 1.7% would be a lot of money (to me).
    For the 30k nectar if you converted it to cash at 1pt per 1p during a double up you get about £320 for 34 in fees which seems worth it. Obviously I can't offer a referral on here but you can get extra points with one or wait till October when they tend to run the bonus points promotion giving 30k for a sign up rather than 20k.
    fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    Oh yeah I'd forgotten about that. How did you sign up, I wonder if they offer it to people signing up a certain way?

Hmm - I got signed up via an elite referral and then managed to get rejected for an account based on how I said I would use the box - perhaps it is because I said I supplied personal services?

Sadly going back to the OH discussion, despite thinking we should never normally spend 2k in 3 months (given what I earn) OH seems to see it as a personal challenge to spend it in 2 months :(
    emerald21 wrote: »
    Do the £20 meal vouchers have to be used in one go please ?

Good Morning all :)
    I didn't risk spending the last 1.70 (after the 2 4 1 main and £3 oneTu and 2 x 40 droids) in Cafe Rouge on a third 20 droid in case it took the whole balance as per the T&C, it also meant as I was doing a card transaction I could do a tip.
    I think....
  • go2
    go2 Posts: 791 Forumite
    Options
    curl_girl wrote: »
    No.
    Had a row in the bank with abrupt sa.
    I've been getting mailing to another person but my address.
    I was concerned that someone may be using my address so called in for advice.
    However due to the other persons data protection she couldn't help me.
    Sod my data protection! :eek:
    Not happy and haven't got anywhere other than being upset/angry at how I was spoken to. :mad:

Go back and ask to speak to the Bank Manager, they'll say no at first, but insist and they'll give you an appointment with someone higher up than Counter Staff. Spin them a tale about a friend or family member who failed to bring something similar to the banks attention and ended up xyz fraud happening (basically whatever it suites you to say and sounds plausible) tell them that your OH has been worried sick and stressed out since this mail has
    been coming. You told your OH that you had been to the bank but he thinks you're making excuses not to go and fobbing him off because you're not taking him seriously. Could he print out a written confirmation that you have seen him, and what it was about, and what if any action he intends to take about it. Just be apologetic about wasting his valuable time, and you appreciate that he can't do anything about it (of course he can but we want to guilt trip him into doing his job!) but you need it to prove to your OH that you are taking his concerns seriously.

See what happens, at least if anything happens you'll have proof that you tried to do something about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure