Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    A vs M

1x ASDA Extra Special West Country Beef Bourguignon (650g) £6.00 £5.42
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    rhosynbach wrote: »
    Thanks both of you, Iast week I decided to just go for a part time shop job for now, filled out several applications and had an interview today and she said after usually I tell people we will be back in touch in a few days but we think you will fit in well so want to offer you the job. :jgot home and offer from head office already emailed.
    Was looking at a cafe locally but after research since the big chains have hit locally in Pwllheli 8 places are closed. Costa and Weatherspoons are packed the local cafes are empty so decided not to take the risk. But am going to do some baking at local coop kitchen to sell locally.as well as a part time job xc

Very glad it was all sorted out so quickly - I think if job hunting drags onwards, you get no response from numerous applications then you end up convincing yourself you just don't need the stress of it at all.
    Part time will suit you better and you can slot everything else in around it including the baking :T
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,008 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Poor ridge is against Mr S

And I have just been emailed cos, 50p of 70/75/80g skinny popcorn at A which is 1.48 and 1.00 in S - just a suggestion, not tested.
    I think....
  • pacifica9
    pacifica9 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options
    Good evening Elite.
    Hoping everyone is warm, happy and well. Hugs to those not so.
    Late finish at work so missed the porridge - not going back now! But thanks to OP & testers.
    Thanks to whoever mentioned Grainger Games for trading in the AP Pixies. They paid me £29.70 cash x 2 so £8.72 profit on each after unlocking.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
  • cloz
    cloz Posts: 308 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Evening all, lego glitch (thanks to Savvy Deals post on facebook) at Argos. It is supposed to give you £5 off for every £25 you spend BUT its actually giving you £5 every box of lego bought when you use the promotional code on their website when you spend over £25. You do need to pay online before you go and then collect at Fast track. Hope that's useful to someone! :)
    Chocolate always makes me feel better!
  • Serendipitious
    Options
    Mad busy day here.

Did some work this morning then straight after that I did a 100-mile round trip involving 3 motorways each way, to be a model for DD's test for her nail technician course.

It's not enough that she already has two children and a high-powered job involving lots of travel, she wants to have a hobby with potential as well. Good for her.

So I've been given a four hour session which involved a full manicure and not one but two lots of shellac in turn, a french manicure and after that a rather dangerous looking red colour, and I have come home with a full set of red talons.

Anyhow, she passed which is the main thing. And I've had a rather expensive bottle of cuticle conditioner, and now there's probably a lifetime's worth of free manicures and polish to look forward to.:D

So it was worth the battle of the traffic and of course the dreaded M6. Which was mad. Normally when I have been on it, it's resembled more of a car park, and been quite decorous, but today it was full-on, moving at very high speed and full of tall wagons four-abreast at times, which made it almost impossible to see the junction signs and exits. I felt like the little old lady that I have become... :eek:
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• Serendipitious
    Serendipitious Posts: 6,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 7 February 2018 at 8:02PM
    Options
    Just had a very quick conversation with Toby from Energy Efficiency about smart meters.

These are the same people from the other week who persisted even though I said I didn't want one. This is their fifth call to me.

So today I re-stated that I didn't want one. He asked why. I said because only 80 units out of all the millions that have been installed can cope with switching energy suppliers.

He said thanks and bye and went without arguing. :D
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    tweets wrote: »

Morning tweets. Nice to see you. ;)

Malc

Good Evening Malc :D

Nice to see you also ;)

Sorry you broke your wrist/arm you will have to be more careful.

Thought I hadn't seen you around the energy boards :(
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good Evening . On the nectar website if you type in Nero there s an offer of drinks for 200 points !!!128512;
  • ma-ri-ella
    Options
    many thanks for the porridge info =wont know until later but i also got my first womble of the year !! £1.90

14 items (12 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison
    Asda
    tesco
    1x ASDA Red Onion & Cheese Flatbread (230g)
    £1.50
    N/A
    1x ASDA Jam Doughnuts (2pk)
    £0.87
    £0.70
    1x ASDA 2 Chocolate Eclairs (2pk)
    £2.25
    £2.00
    1x ASDA Garibaldi (200g)
    £0.85
    £0.85
    1x Coca-Cola Zero Sugar (500ml)
    £1.29
    £1.25
    1x McVitie's Digestives Milk Chocolate (300g)
    £1.00
    £1.50
    1x Aero Milk Chocolate Bubbly Bar 4 Pack (4x27g)
    £1.00
    N/A
    1x KitKat 2 Finger Milk Chocolate Biscuit Bar 9 Pack (9x20.7)
    £1.99
    £1.50
    1x ASDA Garlic & Herb Flatbread (245g)
    £1.50
    £0.96
    2x Oasis Citrus Punch Juice Drink (500ml)
    £2.58
    £2.50
    1x Ski Strawberry Mousses (4x60g)
    £1.00
    £1.50
    1x ASDA 1% Fat Milk (4pt)
    £1.09
    £1.09
    1x Bahlsen Choco Leibniz Milk (125g)
    £1.00
    £1.00
    1x ASDA Wafer Thin Southern Style Chicken Slices (180g)
    £1.00
    N/A
    1x ASDA Smart Price Chicken Roll (400g)
    £0.96
    N/A
    2x ASDA Paracetamol 500mg Caplets 16 Pack (500mg)
    £0.38
    £0.60
    Comparison total (compared products only)
    £15.80
    £15.45

+£0.35
    cheaper
    £365 a year spend challenge - this has included food/clothes/beauty?? who knows where I am
    20,000 step a day challenge
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport