Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• newbie1980
    newbie1980 Posts: 2,016 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    michaels wrote: »
    Droid, 1 x £3 gregs from 40 envelopes - this is getting to be a bit much like hard work...

it does that but then i had 2 days of 2x£20 :)
  • izzy65
    izzy65 Posts: 2,862 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    How true:rotfl::rotfl:

Anyone watching Requiem on catch up:eek:

Actually watched that earlier on recommendation from my aunt, looks like a good one:)
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    izzy65 wrote: »
    Actually watched that earlier on recommendation from my aunt, looks like a good one:)

I’m behind the settee peeping between my fingers:eek:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    I’m behind the settee peeing between my fingers:eek:

:eek: :eek: :eek:
    :D
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • sarahskint
    sarahskint Posts: 1,033 Forumite
    Options
    I thought it was a new x-files - til 10 minutes in when I realised we had already seen these a while back on some American channel - bit of a let down, DH said he couldn't remember so I sat and ruined it for him by telling him what was happening next lol he then agreed that we had seen it and went to bed :D
  • vanilla_twist
    Options
    Good morning all, still -2 out there :eek: Lovely crisp morning though :D

Don't forget they are American, food obsessed :rotfl::rotfl:

How long have they done those for :eek: When we ordered the mattress we have now one of the places I searched for deep fitted sheets was our local Next, it is a big one so should have had anything in stock, and they did not do deep fitted sheets. I remember being encouraged by the SA to write in to head office to complain that they only did sheets that would not fit ANY of the mattresses they sold, and I did. Have to wonder how many other people did too, maybe they finally woke up :rotfl::rotfl:

Next stores never have everything in stock. In a select few fitted sheets they do regular, deep and extra deep. ;effort these I used to get from John lewis but nor great elastic on corner. The next ones have elastic the whole way round them. 2 years on still as good as new. Have a feeling they do white cream and a soft grey. I did have a matching quilt cover but needed ironing so gone back to sainsburys for my white quilt covers.
    As no Next store stocks everything they have a catalogue by the door you can look through as I presume if they don't stock it sales staff do not know it exists.

Hth V x
    fairclaire wrote: »
    . I do think a chaise lounge is a good description of you though. Stylish yet comfortable and laid back :)

May the odds be ever in your favour;)

SPC 7 Pot No 410 £232.63 Total
  • vanilla_twist
    Options
    Turns out that I'm not getting them today as the engineer didn't have it down as a smart meter job even though BG did so I've just got off the phone to them again to make a complaint. It's incredibly annoying that I get told one thing and a different thing happens

The whole reason for me agreeing to the smart meters was the ability to top up online - living in a rented house my LL had prepay meters put in and I don't have a choice :o

I'm quite intrigued to see what's what on the little read-y thing :D

If you have had new meter installed it is probably smart meter enabled and will send details to energy company anytime you lot into your account. Sounds like you just don't have the little visual box you keep inside that shows you day and weeks energy. These only take a few minutes to be set up. I love mine and also the fact that every day stays pretty much the same unless heating needed for a cold snap. Even better in summer when you can see the daily running charges of house when you have been away.
    V x
    fairclaire wrote: »
    . I do think a chaise lounge is a good description of you though. Stylish yet comfortable and laid back :)

May the odds be ever in your favour;)

SPC 7 Pot No 410 £232.63 Total
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    davemorton wrote: »
    :eek: :eek: :eek:
    :D

Behave yourself:naughty::naughty::naughty:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    AP - 3 Gweggs this evening.

HTH

Anon
  • frequent
    frequent Posts: 4,938 Forumite
    Options
    Hello Frequent,

We hope you enjoyed your first shop at Sainsbury's using your Nectar card.

Good news: do 2 more shops and we'll reward you with 500 bonus Nectar points. See it as a welcome gift from us - and a taster of things to come.

Look out for more emails explaining how you can collect points and redeem them on great rewards.

Happy shopping,
    Sainsbury's.

I've put in petrol 3 times, so 5 shops needed for the extra 500 points.

A tenner of petrol in each car it is then.
    Back to square one, no apg, no comment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport