Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• chocaholics
    Options
    3dogs has not been around for a while, hope she is OK.
  • chocaholics
    Options
    davemorton wrote: »
    Evening all.
    Didnt I read that the Sainsburys bonus points thingy was soon? TIA

Yes, 3rd-5th Feb.
  • Nellie35
    Nellie35 Posts: 1,745 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Just booked little Jimmy his train ticket for tomorrow, which is last day for the points offer!
    £1.05 cause he's worth it.
    Off to do his butties......

Oh I’ve booked my child’s for tomorrow too at the same cost. Perhaps they are making the same journey. Could you make some extra butties please. He will have his flump and muller with him and will be wearing his balaclava :rotfl:
  • Nellie35
    Nellie35 Posts: 1,745 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Best wishes to AJ, get well soon xx
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Options
    Well, that was a very good show.

We have been to every show they have had in London, started with the ones in Battersea Power Station, and we are members of the Cirque Club (free, of course) so we get advance notice.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'd say take no notice normally but last summer I was given a carrier bag full of Easter eggs - the kids were fed up of them by July, simply because they had had so many. Many of them had already started developing that white bloom, and some of them tasted a bit off.

Just stopped work! Thanks Seren. I'll keep an eye on my coins and perhaps try and keep them in a cool place.
    tweets wrote: »
    Think it was MHOC you on about not me lol :D

Whoops! Sorry mhoc, trying to remember is clearly not a good plan!
  • Picasso7
    Options
    pippo wrote: »
    Ask locally, our swimming pool gives an over 60 discount, swim as much as you like for £16, it's £25 for the young 'uns.
    Local theatres and independent cinemas have discounts too, one near us has a 'silver screen' club, cheap movies and cake and tea!

Thanks Pippo. I looked at my local swimming pool as I would have loved that, but it is still quite expensive and not worth doing until I actually manage to retire, I think. Will keep an eye on cinemas etc, but a lot of that is during the day and work gets in the way horribly!
  • Picasso7
    Options
    matty17r wrote: »
    Dont forget topscashback expires on the mullers tomorrow. Obviously as we have lots of yogurts on one receipt will we be able to split them between two accounts?
    Picasso7 - we have found quite a few attractions when we holiday in the UK give discounts for 60plus. Thinking of going to monkeyworld in dorset shortly and they do.

Thanks Matty. I'll keep an eye out for those too. I just wish Virgin trains still let people with railcards use off peak tickets on peak time trains. It would make such a difference to my life...
  • HILLBERN
    HILLBERN Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Well, that was a very good show.

We have been to every show they have had in London, started with the ones in Battersea Power Station, and we are members of the Cirque Club (free, of course) so we get advance notice.

Glad you enjoyed, there were certainly some breath taking moments during the performance, but once again a memorable show.
    Gosh how many have there been? the first one we saw was Varekai in 2008
  • Picasso7
    Options
    Right, I 've caught up.Need to book my Virgin train and also submit Mullers for cashback. Tomorrow... Thank you for the reminders. Night all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure