Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    I blitz raw dry fry with garlic and dried parsley, yum yum

Sounds nice like that, perhaps some butter too :p
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Picasso7 wrote: »
    Oh, before I go. Was spending an idle moment trying to work out what financial benefits come with turning 60 which I shall do later this year. Not many is the short answer, apart from eye tests and prescriptions. But did we know that if you join the National Trust Scotland it is far cheaper than the NT in England and you can get into all the English ones free too? Their FAQ even say that you get free parking as well. I am very interested in that one!

Think I read last year sometime on here. That it was cheaper to join the one in New Zealand that also gets you in here.
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    edited 22 January 2018 at 11:27PM
    Options
    Anybody watching Mc!!!!!.

I’ve got it on catch up.

It’s sooooooo good:)

C

!!!!!?

Why on earth can’t I say m a f i a
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • frequent
    frequent Posts: 4,938 Forumite
    Options
    A nice bottle of cooking plonk arrived today, paid £2.99 for delivery on a £10 bottle.

Thanks OP
    Back to square one, no apg, no comment.
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 47,094 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Anybody watching Mc!!!!!.

I’ve got it on catch up.

It’s sooooooo good:)

Also just watched on catch-up, then watched next of kin from tonight's TV. Could almost link them together.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • mrsmac10
    mrsmac10 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    Options
    Oh, before I go. Was spending an idle moment trying to work out what financial benefits come with turning 60 which I shall do later this year. Not many is the short answer, apart from eye tests and prescriptions. But did we know that if you join the National Trust Scotland it is far cheaper than the NT in England and you can get into all the English ones free too? Their FAQ even say that you get free parking as well. I am very interested in that one!

I will need to check that out You used to get free parking with a car sticker that came with the cards not seen that recently
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 47,094 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    zippydooda wrote: »
    Think I read last year sometime on here. That it was cheaper to join the one in New Zealand that also gets you in here.
    mrsmac10 wrote: »
    I will need to check that out You used to get free parking with a car sticker that came with the cards not seen that recently

National Trust cheapest deals thread here.

The regulars there seem to argue more than we do.:rotfl:
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • mumtoo3
    mumtoo3 Posts: 412 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening,

I hadn't caught up with the thread when i found myself in a different A's this evening, so i tried the trigger youghurt with variety of others.
    £6.49 spent , £3.49 of that was a creme egg trifle that my daughter made my buy. (didn't take much persuading). £3.75 apg

11 items (8 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda sainsbury's
    1x Muller Corner Banana Yogurt with Chocolate Flakes (135g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Corner Toffee Yogurt with Chocolate Hoops (135g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Corner Peach & Apricot Yogurt (150g) £0.68 £0.35
    2x Muller Corner Vanilla Yogurt with Chocolate Digestive Biscuits (135g) £1.36 £0.70
    1x Cadbury Layers of Joy Eggciting Trifle (550g) £3.49 N/A
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Toffee Yogurt (1x175g) £0.68 £0.50
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Banana & Custard Yogurt (175g) £0.68 £0.50
    2x Muller Corner Vanilla Yogurt with Chocolate Balls (135g) £1.36 £0.70
    2x Muller Corner Strawberry Yogurt (150g) £1.36 £0.70
    Comparison total (compared products only) £7.48 £4.15
    +£3.33 cheaper

Purchased at 7.45pm
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,080 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    I've just done my train trips - used the usual routes.

I noticed though on my nectar history that OH has had points for a Virgin train trip in early October.

Oddly its for a £13 odd purchase - no idea what that is at all.
    Roughly I know how much the local journeys are around here - Crewe to Liverpool, Stafford, Stoke, Birmingham, Manchester etc and none of them are £13 odd even with a rail card, singles or returns.

Also for the points to show on OHs card you would need OHs nectar card which was with me.

That was the weekend we went to see eldest child and her OHs lovely new place and the Sunday we were making our way back home, then we went to pick the cats up from the cattery so I know exactly what we were doing that weekend.
    We have rail passes so the only travel we paid for was the underground and we both used the normal debit card.

Very strange - have to look back on the old credit card statements online to see if anything rings a bell ...
    I can refer you to a good divorce lawyer if you need one, it is always the little slips.....
    I think it was once on the other place that you could join v cheaply in the bahamas or somewhere and then the uk free on a reciprocal.
    silvercar wrote: »
    National Trust cheapest deals thread here.
    Too slow, SC got there first. I dislike the nt because they campaign against all building which means our young people can't afford houses.
    The regulars there seem to argue more than we do.:rotfl:
    I think....
  • chocaholics
    Options
    Evening all, is it Ok to order mullers for home delivery, please and thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts