Options

Comments

• michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,065 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 21 January 2018 at 9:41PM
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    Just thinking out loud, but how did we miss the Droid promo until towards the end of last year? I see the current Droid Pay Tap started in October, so it was maybe a month in when we found out, but the HeSBC promo was on for 6 months with sign up from June 13th :(.

Anon
    Yep, we have been a bit slow, for example I only did one of 2 possible hsbc as we hadn't figured out the using other device to set up new accounts before using all on the same nfc phone.

However I now have 3 4.99 droids waiting to go and a reader on order, so will be up to 5 x 10 a day soon.

Thanks very much to an elite for a referral, may also use it for some amex comd spends especially if I get 1 month free.
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    How much?

For 2 boxes of cereal:eek:

2x Kellogg's Coco Pops (720g) £7.58 £7.58

3 x 510g £5 at T
    I think....
  • mrs_lds
    mrs_lds Posts: 4,103 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    Please can someone clarify will i get 1000 nectars for a 75p school trip. Tia
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    asda v sainsbury's 1x Colgate White Expert Toothbrush & Whitening Pen (each) £11.99 £2.00.

That's a genuine comparison as I can see that in stock for S on msm. You've reminded me that there are some huge price differences around (not as huge as this though) at the moment - as if people believe that all the supermarkets are roughly the same prices. I noticed several razors that have gone up in price in M are now showing even cheaper - I think it was for T - and have quite some difference from the prices at A. I think I saw some Nicorette products at A much cheaper at M.

I am also allowed to mention Canesten Canesflor Probiotics Capsules for Vaginal Use (10) at £3 in M. This is £15.00 at T:rotfl:. Unfortunately it should not compare on TBG as M is on RTC and the £3 is somewhat better than the last price that I saw instore. I have also got Canesintima Intimate Moisturiser (50ml) at £4, again RTC in M, that is £13 elsewhere. I think there was a further item that was at M and turns out to be much more expensive at Boots - I can't quite remember what it was now, but it will be on the buy in M list if it is substantially cheaper at M.

The M list seems to me to be largely up-to-date to the current date (and therefore ready to be overtaken by price changes tomorrow in M:rotfl:). What is not up-to-date is items that should probably be deleted, such as Cadbury's Cinder Toffee Bars from last Hallowe'en, that may well be beyond their BB dates now if they were still in existence (I have removed the seasonal Kipling Cakes as their dates will be up, including the Christmas ones which are probably just about on their date by now). There are also a few items instore that I have not seen and I am not yet able to update those if need be. Beyond those, maybe something else has changed that I haven't seen that may have changed in price between 12th January and today (the items that I had seen on that date that I saw online yesterday had not changed so the list looks like it is up-to-date, excluding a possible small number of items and a handful that I still have to add).
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    mrs_lds wrote: »
    Please can someone clarify will i get 1000 nectars for a 75p school trip. Tia

I don’t think so.....but you can throw yourself at the mercy of their help desk....they are sometimes very generous.
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 21 January 2018 at 10:01PM
    Options
    I don’t want you all to get too excited now:rotfl:

A v M

1x Jakemans Throat & Chest Soothing Menthol Sweets 100G (100gr) £0.60 £0.56
    :D

Unfortunately they have gone up from 2 for £1 to straight price in A due to the mbuy ending. When they were on that offer, A was more than 10% cheaper than everywhere else so it needed to wait until the final day - sadly my womble bought them after the offer had already ended. I did a get few of the Jakemans products before the offer ended - fed up of waiting around and seemed like the offer was going to go on forever. As most competitors were much more expensive on most of them, they had to be kept off APG shops as they would lose - the only one that worked was Blueberry as that is N/A elsewhere but then requiring the same item to be bought and no mix and match available as the other versions are stocked at the competitors leaving it as just one item on the APG:mad:. None of them were any good versus M (and are still now more expensive than they had been on the offer a few weeks ago) as Blueberry also compared against there.

If there is no mbuy glitch, as the mbuy has ended instore in A, it seems the next best would be to wait for a competitor to have a 2 for £1 offer on them (or equivalent offer). Unless you have a colleague discount card, it is always better for the offer to be at the competitor rather than at A itself. One item I think has changed around and is now better (except for colleague discounts) is Malibu 1L - that was £14 A and £15 M - actually my example doesn't work as A's price was still not 10% cheaper than M, but on other prices you could see how a cheaper A price could lose entirely - but now has gone to £15 A and £14 M which means 10% cheaper than A's previous price. Much better when the prices reverse so that A goes up and the competitor goes down to what was A's price as A's "net cost of obtaining the item", for non-discount card users, via the APG, is now cheaper than what A's price itself was before.
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    michaels wrote: »
    Yep, we have been a bit slow, for example I only did one of 2 possible hsbc as we hadn't figured out the using other device to set up new accounts before using all on the same nfc phone.

However I now have 3 4.99 droids waiting to go and a reader on order, so will be up to 5 x 10 a day soon.

Thanks very much to an elite for a referral, may also use it for some amex comd spends especially if I get 1 month free.

3 x 510g £5 at T

I’m not buying them....it was just a womble. I don’t think I spend that much a week:rotfl:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • matty17r
    matty17r Posts: 1,215 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yesterday mincemeat in my co-op was 25p a jar. Got 4 - have no idea why because when I got home I already had 6 in cupboard that I only paid 10p in sainsbury for last year. Think we will be having mince pies in the middle of the summer as I did manage to get 12 rolls of jus rol pastry in mr. tesco the other night for 6p each!
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 21 January 2018 at 10:15PM
    Options
    This may be something or nothing - I added my burned g mail accounts to my A3 today to keep track and three have the 3 swipes for £10 G Play credit offer that someone mentioned. I remember testing the code and it saying invalid on various accounts, so thought no more about it, but it seems to have activated somewhere (runs out in a few days :eek:). Three accounts have an email with the offer (I hadn’t checked the emails or accounts since having no luck with AP on previously used devices :o).

It may be worth checking any emails you tested, as it does seem to be random which accounts have received the offer email and which haven’t. The email seems to have been sent 7 days or so after account activation.

HTH

Anon
  • mrs_lds
    mrs_lds Posts: 4,103 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    I don’t think so.....but you can throw yourself at the mercy of their help desk....they are sometimes very generous.

Not sure f I'm brave enough, what do i say - school trip!
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    mrs_lds wrote: »
    Not sure f I'm brave enough, what do i say - school trip!

Do nothing yet. The points could take up to 28 days from the offer expiring to be added to your account. So you can’t ring them yet.
    When you contact them, just plead ignorance...you didn’t know you had to spend £1 did you?

See what they say.
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business