Options

Comments

• rhosynbach
    rhosynbach Posts: 7,664 Forumite
    Options
    Happy birthday cjj hope you have a lovely relaxed day xx
  • Serendipitious
    Options
    C0 op - got 6 pack Walkers for 50p with moc, and a Chicken Tandoori for 25p, was rtc to 75p from £3, used moc from last week.

That's the shopping itch scratched for today. :D
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good morning all, the clouds are not quite so grey today, even forecast some sunshine later in the day :T

Happy Birthday cjj :bdaycake:

Congratulations DD, must have been an incredible experience, not sure I would stay upright though, I fainted when my brother cut the top off his finger, there would be far more blood etc with a birth :eek:

Thank you :) it was pretty awesome I have to say :D
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Happy birthday cjj, hope you have a fabulous day!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all :D
    Happy Birthday CJJ :bdaycake:
    Congratulations DD:T:T:T
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    cjj wrote: »
    Morning all hope everyone is well.

Thanks zippy but offer now showing on A.com

Lou sorry to read about your pain:(. I think Dizzy ditzy left a message for you saying she might be able to advise you on some help. Might be worth searching back xx

drat about the cat food - cant think of anything else I really need from a now. Might drag ourselves to marks to see if we can be disappointed in the sale
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Serendipitious
    Options
    Thank you :) it was pretty awesome I have to say :D

Congratulations :j:j
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    house_elf wrote: »
    Morning Peeps,

Comes out of lurkdom from behind a wall of baked beans........(Thanks to all who helped me build it).

Can I ask a cruise related question?.....We have booked a Cruise from Southampton. I notice you have been talking about hotel rooms in Southampton. Is it best to stay the night before?

My friend has offered to drive us down, but it is a long way for her. Is it best to go on the train and stay the night? (Looking at Airbnb for about £30 close to the cruise terminal).

it depends.

How far north are you? If you are Birmingham or further south than going down on the day is fine - either driving down or getting a Cross Country train from Birmingham New Street to Southampton Central.

We don't go through London Euston - far too stressful and a bit of a dog legged route for us as we are west coast.

If further north as we are - well we always go the night before as its 4 hours journey for us including a change at Stafford, we sometimes have nightmare trips so if we go down the day before it takes the stress out and then we are all relaxed and ready to go the next day.
    Usually for us its either premier Inn (there are 3 city center) , Travelodge central or Ibis budget - usually we can get a room under £50 and sometimes even £39 if its midweek. All city center and within easy walk of Southampton central depending on how much luggage you have.
    All of these are just 10 mins from the cruise terminals so we don't have to rush in the morning, nice slow breakfast and a tax I across about midday.
    If you want to go more upmarket there is Ibis, Novohotel, Holiday Inn or grand Harbour and numerous b and bs etc. Also Jurys Inn on the otherside of the park.
    Also look at Eastleigh and hotels around Southampton parkway.
    Not looked at airbandb - I would imagine they might be on the outskirts of Southampton so maybe £10 taxi and a 20 min journey in - traffic tends to get very bottlenecked sometimes.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    davemorton wrote: »
    Perhaps Chris can answer, saw someone with a muller tray in my B/don store with a tray of 11 plus one other, was it you Chris? I am crap remembering people, sorry :o but didnt think it was you.
    (about 7pm)

Haha, I didn't think I was that forgettable, but no, it wasn't me. I would have stopped to chat :) There are lot of glitchers use that store though, they should pop in here and say hello ;)
  • Nellie35
    Nellie35 Posts: 1,745 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone (well just about) :wave:

Congratulations DD & all the family :T

Happy birthday cjj, have a lovely day :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing