Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• Wheres_My_Cashback
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    There was a kind person a long way back who had worked out the best day to start a COS balance transfer so it takes the shortest amount of time to actually hitting your bank account - did anyone screen shot that message pretty please?

I know its not a normal average week yet and I want to get the Moma before I download anyway.

Vaguely I seem to think Wednesday but I think I made that up :o

COS send most payments on a Thursday, sometimes delayed to Friday. The quickest way to receive payments is to have it sent to a PayPal account as it's sent via FP and usually received immediately. If you have it sent to a bank account it will go via BACS and take 3 working days.
    Optimum request day is Wednesday regardless of where it's going to.
  • hampydoodums
    hampydoodums Posts: 3,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cadbury’s have launched white creme eggs and they could win you a lot of money :D. Top prize of 2k will be found in a co-op store. Ideal for AP I would think :). Was posted on one of my FB pages

‘The new Creme Eggs are in shops including Co-op, Sainsbury’s Local, Tesco Express and local newsagents from now until April 1.

The chances of finding one, however, are slim - there are thought to be only 371 in total. What’s more, they’ll look just like normal Creme Eggs.

However, if you find one of the white eggs, not only will you have a delicious and rare treat on your hands but you could also win a financial prize.

Any white egg will win you at least £100, 34 eggs are worth £1,000 and one egg could win you an impressive £2,000.

The top prize egg will be in a branch of Co-op somewhere in the UK.’

One of us lot must be able to find even one worth £100

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/cadbury-white-chocolate-creme-eggs-launch-finders-win-2000-pounds-limited-edition-a8139621.html

CC2_DCB12-7_BD5-4_C9_E-9965-03_B431_C1255_A.png
    :happylove Nanny to 2 Cherubs :happylove
  • Wheres_My_Cashback
    Options
    zippydooda wrote: »
    IF she gets the full cb, which she stated she didnt

But she WILL. It's a very regular occurrence, ALWAYS rectified.
  • izzeyb
    izzeyb Posts: 5,265 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Nellie35 wrote: »
    Thanks izzey, yes they do have the same barcode which I did not realise at the time. I only bought both as i wasn't sure if the banana with the eggs would work as a trigger and i knew the xmas one did. I only lost out on 23p but now I know that they are both triggers and will only get one next time :)

The halloween muller had the same barcode too.

Worth mentioning again when the Raspberry dogsnuts appears in store, it has the same barcode as the rhubarb crumble light so anyone gets both in one shop, they will only count as one item towards the APG.

• bcw123
    bcw123 Posts: 980 Forumite
    Options
    zippydooda wrote: »
    How do you know it was a wombler and not the person which purchased groceries

different payment details
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Me too....feel I’m in a tumbler dryer:o
    Me three, at least I didn't have to get up and out this morning.
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 3 January 2018 at 5:56PM
    Options
    If anyone is in the midst of doing an Amazon pantry order
    - I think I am going to convert this year all of my small amounts of cashback from Q and TCB to Amazon e vouchers - it feels like spending your money twice :D

Anyway if you are in the midst of doing an order they have

Nature Valley Crunchy Granola Oats & Chocolate Cereal Bars

for £1 each (five double bars in each box) so very good value- this is the same price as in Morribobs now, usually they are anything up to £2.50

Buy 4 of these and get £2.99 off delivery for one box - spend £4 and get your order credited with £2.99.

They also have the Special K bars for £1, several flavours but if you buy one of each flavour these are automatically got a 20% reduction so 80p in real money - good if you have a tiny space still left in your Amazon pantry box (it gives you a percentage of the space you have left in your box)
    (supermarkets have them for £1 at the mo)

They also have Nescaf! Azera Intenso Instant Coffee for £2.74 - same as Waitrose and Tesco - so a big saving if you use this coffee but don't have these stores

I was buying more of the Butchers classic cat food, 6 tins which is still £2.60 - this is the same as Asda but everywhere else its £2.80.

Nice man from Amazon bringing my box on the 5th - saves me having to drag cat food from the supermarket :T
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    OO just found a potentially good item to include if anyone is doing

Asdas v Waitroses

for a biscuit and choc shop

according to mys - £5.49 in As but £2.74 in W!!!!

https://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda-compare-prices/Instant_Coffee/Nescafe_Azera_Intenso_Instant_Coffee_100g.html

Its also supposed to be £2.74 in Mr T - but what are we buying now that compares to Mr T now the beans glitch is over??
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Just taken my OH to local hospital for his 6 monthly MOT (all ok) and some random person from the cafe asked me if I wanted some bread rolls. Must of thought OH needs feeding up :eek::eek:
  • louj101
    louj101 Posts: 1,704 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 3 January 2018 at 6:20PM
    Options
    hi all x
    just seen this on the dark side

Hellmann's Real or Light Mayonnaise (800g) Half Price was £3.00 now £1.50 @ Waitrose :)

Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise (800g)

Waitrose £1.50
    ASda £3.00

:(broke my back doing glitching :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business