Tax rebate?

Hi all,
I was just wondering if you can have a tax rebate on a second job, I don't get taxed on my main job but I only get 9600 and my tax code is 1150l my bank job is on basic rate cumel tax.. I would of earnt 11000 with this job and been taxed £2400 for the year on it.. but when I combine my overall year earning I should of paid less than £2400 do you think I'd get a rebate or not? Baring in mind I still have £1900 left tax free with my other job?

Comments

• spadoosh
    spadoosh Posts: 8,732 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    First tax year of the new job?

Usually get taxed at 20% for the entirety of second income until they realise your not using the full tax allowance. Once they realise youll get an adjusted tax code for the second job.

You can phone them up and give them accurate details and they should change your tax code accordingly which should mean you pay the right amount for the year. Or you can wait until year end and you should receive a rebate.
  • dori2o
    dori2o Posts: 8,150 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Register for the online personal tax account, log in, review your income tax for the current year, provide an estimated income for each employment.

Once done log out of the tax account. This information will be updated on your tax record and a new tax code issued. No need to phone, no waiting times, no opening/closing times, can be done on a PC/Laptop, Tablet, mobile phone with internet capabilities.
    [SIZE=-1]To equate judgement and wisdom with occupation is at best . . . insulting.
    [/SIZE]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport