Invalid Voucher Codes?

Long story short : If a code isn't working, ask them on Twitter!

Long story long :
I was shopping for a new TV a couple of weeks ago (end of October) so had googled discount codes, found one for AO which was £50 off selected TV's using a code. I tried it on a load of different TV's and couldn't get it to work, the code was apparently valid for the whole of October. (I did notice on the site that some of the TV's already had £50 off so I figured it was just a mistake, or they'd disabled the code and just applied the discount directly on their site).

Anyway, I hooked up with them (AO) on Twitter and asked them why the code wasn't working and they said that they couldn't find the code I'd supplied as a valid code and asked where I'd got it from, so I sent them a link to all of the voucher sites that had it listed (there were guite a few, but I think a lot of them just copy off each other), they apologised, said they'd contact the sites and get the code removed but would honour it for me anyway in the form of a refund of the £50 once I'd ordered ... So if you find a code that isn't working, chance your arm and just ask them, it may well pay off (especially for big ticket items)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure