PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Thursday 12th October 2017

Options
nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 12 October 2017 at 6:30AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Thursday 12th October 2017

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit, will wake him shortly.

Dinner last night was roasted chicken thighs, pizza, a mix of curly fries and french fries, baked beans and HM coleslaw. Tonight will be something using eggs, possibly I'll make a frittata with mushrooms, ham/bacon and cheese in it, also I have several peppers that need using up, so mayble roasted peppers stuffed with cous cous. I may make some sort of rice dish also.

Work yesterday was a steadier day but again all or nothing - I was doing one job in the morning and then something different in the afternoon. Now on days' off, today I have a nail appointment and another appointment from lunch time into this afternoon, so this morning, I'll run round with the duster and hoover as most of the afternoon will be gone by the time I get home. I'll also be visiting the bank and building society whilst in town.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning everyone

Thank you for starting us off nmlc.

Yesterday I managed to get the Christmas cake made for my brother, so that will keep him happy, and me in my niece’s good books for a while come Christmas.

I didn’t seem to get much else done yesterday though. By the time I had been out shopping for the ingredients that I didn’t have in and made the cake most of the day seemed to have run away with me.

The only other thing I got done was a quick dust around the sitting room and I did manage to push the vacuum around. The bathroom needs a thorough clean today, and the kitchen could do with a bit of attention as well.

I ordered a pair of shoes from Clarks and need to go and collect them this morning, I had forgotten about them. I can never find shoes that I like, and fit me well. I bought a pair of these ones a month or so ago and they are so comfortable that I thought I wold get another pair to last me through the winter. I’m really heavy on shoes and usually get through two pairs every winter unfortunately.

Right, time for breakfast and more tea.

Have a good day everyone whatever you are doing.
  • ancientofdays
    Options
    Morning everyone and thank you for starting the thread nmlc.

Yesterday was a day off so I got on with some work at home, I work faster without interruptions. Today I'll be busy and working late.

In between work, I'm trying to keep up with the washing but struggling a bit with getting things fully aired. I've had to put the heating on for an hour or so from time to time and it is earlier than I'd usually plan to do this. Years ago, I worked with someone who seemed to put her clothes away before they were completely aired and she always smelt a bit musty , not dirty just musty. I don't want to be that person.

Last night's dinner was meatballs in a sauce that I made up as I went along with rice, roast tomatoes for the chaps (am not much of a tomato fan myself but they loved them) and tonight they will have some description of fry up and I'll make myself an omelette when I get in.

I'm going to eat my toast and get showered ready for work.

Hope everyone has a good day.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Morning folks and thanks for the thread NMLC. Got back from our final few days stay of the season at the caravan late yesterday, with the car stuffed full of our bedding, clothes that usually live there, toiletries and food stores etc. There will be much more to come back here for over-winter storage when DD and DGDs have had their last break there at half-term. Then it's the hard work of shutting down for the winter.

Today we are off on the 'magical mystery tour' with DB and SIL. He still won't tell me where we are going, other than they will pick us up late morning and lunch is booked for 1.45. I am assuming it's somewhere in the Dales as I know they love it up there as much as we do.

After yesterday's dire weather we are promised a nice day today. I hope they are not wrong as I have 3 washer loads piled up ready to peg out as soon as it's light enough to see the washing lines! We barely get 2 days alike these days so have to make the best of the good ones when we get them! Tuesday we went up to Ripon from the 'van and it was a lovely day. Had a wander of the cs but nowt caught my eye though I did treat myself to a jumper I liked in M & Co. We sat in the square for a while watching the world go by and then had a Steak Day lunch in 'Spoons. I noticed the book shop down the alley is relocating and had a sale on - lead on McDuff! Loads of books selling off at £1 so, of course, loads I didn't really need jumped into my arms!

No need to think what's cooking today so just a snack will be needed tonight I should think.

Have a good day folks if you can and ((HUGS)) for those in need/want of them. Take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Too dark to see what the weather is doing but it is meant to be a nice day and really warm later on.

I need to get something out of the freezer for dinner, I think there are some breaded chicken things in there which we could have with roasted new pot and some veg, I really must get back into the habit of getting the next days dinner out the night before, atm I get into bed and remember ive not got anything out and cant be bothered to get up again :D

Must do a wash tonight and write a shopping list, we seem to have run out of everything this week.

Right better get on have good days all xx
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,047 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning all.

Another night of persistent rain, I may have to build a boat!

I’m off shortly to collect a local man for his trip down to hospital, then I’m going to another hospital to get a travel claim form signed for an elderly woman who forgot. Patients who have to travel to Glasgow or Oban for appointments can claim their expenses back from NHS via a form.

Once I’m ‘free’ I need to take back some clothes to JL so a quick visit into the city centre is needed. Then I’ll be waiting for a call from DM to collect her from her friend’s house.

Yesterday an elderly neighbour called in for a chat and to invite me to the Harvest Festival service. I’m not at all religious and only go to their church for the Christmas service. Whether or not I go on Sunday is still open for my own internal debate!

Now I need to get off. I hope everyone is doing well or getting better, happy Thursday.
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning :hello:

nannywindow Thanks for letting me know about The Works, I looked on their website and the chest seems perfect, though I'll have to go into the shop because I want to see it in real life first :D

Quiet day today, I'll catch up on work this morning then potter about tidying and cleaning. Crochet this afternoon.

:beer:
    Bulletproof
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    morning :wave:

Early out for me today.. have to take the car to the garage as the airbag warning light has come on. Its getting to that age now where there are regular annoying faults. Its only a 10 min drive away but in the morning it can take forever so hoping to miss some of that and get the first slot in the garage.

Book club night tonight....haven't finished the book yet (nothing new there then :o must try harder ) we always have such a good night though and of course the prosecco flows :)

Food tonight will be courtesy of the hostess so no idea but do need to plan and book shop for my visitors this weekend. House needs a good tidy to make it beyond C.H.A.O.S :D

Right best get my place in the traffic jam have a great day all x
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    I am just back in from pegging out the 3 wash loads and by 'eck this must be the chilliest start we have had so far. Decidedly parky out there but a dry day with sunny intervals is still forecast so hope they are right! I don't want damp washing festooned round the house when we get back home!

I hate thoughts of winter round the corner and next spring seems a long way away. xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Good morning all,

My Wednesday was the same as every Wednesday. Gym > work > dinner > football > bed

Today actually will be the same. My friend has asked me to play for his works Rangers vs Celtic game which will be good although it won't finish till 10! God I feel I'm getting old. I listen to the radio every night, without fail, Radio 5 Live, and have done now for roughly 10 years. I used to hear the nightshift DJ's come on for their shift at 1am and then I'd go to bed. Now I'm slapping myself on the wrist if I'm not tucked up for 10.15!

Anyway.

2 weeks today till my holiday and I'm really looking forward to it. Need to buy myself some books I think, I've only got 3 planned.

Oh and my brother announced he's going to organise a surprise 100th day birthday surprise for his wife and daughter and he'd like me to bake a cake. I'm thinking white chocolate and rasperry with fondant icing. My other brother and I will make it together in his new flat in Edinburgh on Saturday which will no doubt turn in a disaster haha.

TA - How exciting! Enjoy!
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,644 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Agree with you on the weather TA the heating clicked on for its hour earlier, enjoy your magical mystery tour :)
    Caught and killed our first mouse this morning :( it's one of those traps with poison inside as they kept escaping from the humane ones, hate hate to do it but they had moved onto the cupboard where the dogs food is kept and although it's in sealed containers they had chewed at a corner, couldn't have that.
    Off to do a food shop soon, later I will go over to see my SIL and deliver her birthday present.

Have a good day folks x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport