Cash for ink cartridges

I have a few HP cartridges (some original, some compatible) what are the places that still pay any money for them? I heard The recycling Factory has a minimum to pay out and other people say they have problems with Tesco adding the points to the clubcard and they can't be bothered. Is there any good place you have found to get something for them? Are the compatible (non original) of any use at all?

Comments

• tonycottee
    tonycottee Posts: 1,331 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 15 October 2017 at 8:14PM
    I have used The Recycling Factory before, but you're right about the minimum payment. I've found mixed reviews about a lot of companies. The issue is, they can all turn around and say that your cartridges are no good and they're not going to pay you.
    I found that The Recycling Factory don't like the HP Instant Ink cartridges. There's some more information about it selling them here. https://www.householdmoneysaving.com/selling-old-ink-cartridges/
  • Ebay is a good option for these! We sell our ink cartridges when they are used/empty on there and they always go quite quickly!
    Credit Card: £5350 (£5210 remaining)
    Overdraft: £1498.68
    Loan 1: £5000 (£2252.26 remaining)
    Loan 2: £1656.90 - PAID!! :j
    Very: £703.97 (£553.97 remaining)
    Make £2018 in 2018 Challenge: £291.51/£2018
  • Joraffe
    Joraffe Posts: 52 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    zackyv6661 wrote: »
    Ebay is a good option for these! We sell our ink cartridges when they are used/empty on there and they always go quite quickly!

I second this - it is best to sell them a few at a time though as the postage for a 2nd class parcel with royal mail will set you back £2.90
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,199 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Thank you for the eBay tip, I have dozens of empty cartridges littering the place and will check out eBay.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • tonysw9
    tonysw9 Posts: 26 Forumite
    As others have mentioned, this is a scam! Send your cartridges elsewhere. They take your cartridges, do not credit your payment for them, and then ignore all of your messages.
  • KONG
    KONG Posts: 856 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    magan wrote: »
    I have a few HP cartridges (some original, some compatible) what are the places that still pay any money for them? I heard The recycling Factory has a minimum to pay out and other people say they have problems with Tesco adding the points to the clubcard and they can't be bothered. Is there any good place you have found to get something for them? Are the compatible (non original) of any use at all?

Sell them on Ebay - Your market there is much bigger to get them sold with shipment costs on top.

Just remember that Ebay & Paypal take a fee aswell.

You can calculate what your earnings will be:

https://finalfeecalc.com/
    "Sealed Pot Challenge" Member No. 938
    "Virtual Sealed Pot Challenge 2011" Member No. 7
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business