CCJ Set Aside application

Options
13»

Comments

• GM1880
    GM1880 Posts: 169 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I believe so, yes. But if you!!!8217;re trying to recover costs one would imagine the claimant would fight considerably harder than in my case where they!!!8217;ve got nothing to gain by fighting it.
  • GM1880
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    If anyone's interested, despite many emails to the court, none of which have been responded to by them, and a number of calls, I'm now away in New Zealand. Though having call them before I went to sleep, the operator over the phone said that the district judge had looked at my request to change the date, but had gone over the witness statement along with the letter from the claimant saying they are not actively disputing the application (though NOT consenting either). The operator had said the judge has set aside the CCJ and it's stayed. By my understanding they've ruled in my favour without the need for the hearing and that's the end of the CCJ. However, I'll certainly be waiting for it in writing before getting too excited.
  • GM1880
    PPI Party Pooper
    edited 28 February 2018 at 7:56PM
    Options
    Just had the order sent to me via email:

IT IS ORDERED THAT
    1. The Judgment dated 25th June 2015 be set aside.

2. The Claim be marked as settled.

3. Any party affected by this order may apply to set aside or vary it within 7 days of service of it on them. Dated 13 February 2018

By my understanding, that's a win and bye bye CCJ. In which case....:beer:
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,577 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    GM1880 wrote: »
    Just had the order sent to me via email:

IT IS ORDERED THAT
    1. The Judgment dated 25th June 2015 be set aside.

2. The Claim be marked as settled.

3. Any party affected by this order may apply to set aside or vary it within 7 days of service of it on them. Dated 13 February 2018

By my understanding, that's a win and by by CCJ. In which case....:beer:

Yes, I think that's what you wanted. Well done.
  • GM1880
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Very much so; really surprised it was set aside without a hearing. But cannot complain. Just starting to sink in now.

Still an old settled default from 4 years ago on my credit file. But hopefully that alone won!!!8217;t stop me now getting a mortgage and a mainstream credit card to replace what I currently have. I don!!!8217;t need to borrow money (aside for a house), but useful none the less to have the option.
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,577 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Yes, one settled default shouldn't have a major impact. Provided you have a stable address history, on the electoral roll and a couple of credit cards with no late payments you should find most lenders see you as fairly safe
  • GM1880
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Good to hear. Aside from switching to a new current account and opening a credit card 4 months ago. The settled default from 2014 is the only blip i!!!8217;ll have now. No late payments etc, very diligent with that nowadays and low credit utilisation. Salary!!!8217;s around 60k, so hopefully a reasonable applicant now as you mention.
  • CarolPaulson
    Options
    I'm curious, did you win?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills