We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Paranoia or bad credit

Hello all

Hope you all can give some advise. Shortly me and my wife will be applying for a mortgage (help to buy with 5% deposit) we do have a couple of blips. The paranoid me thinks these might scupper a mortgage but I’m probably overacting. To summarise for my wife:

One late payment in 2013
One late payment in 2014

Both for less than £50 for a catalogue

And for me a late payment on a bank account in 2013 due to exceeding overdraft by less than £50

Any thoughts?

Comments

  • ACG
    ACG Posts: 25,079
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper I've helped Parliament
    Forumite
    Should be fine with most lenders I think.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • ap1985
    ap1985 Posts: 325 Forumite
    From a non-mortgage advisor point of view, I understand this should be okay! My credit history was far from perfect, however, here I am now a happy home owner. Good luck :)
    :jFinally going to be a homeowner:T
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.