buying tiles in ireland bathroom and lounge

I have heard that you can get some good deals down south to buy tiles. Anyone know any places?

thank you

Comments

• motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,473 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    pepper33 wrote: »
    I have heard that you can get some good deals down south to buy tiles. Anyone know any places?

thank you

I'd be very surprised if they were cheaper, given the weakish pound and transportations costs.

We tiled our kitchen / snug, hall, dining room, landing and study as well as various en suites. We found some of the smaller / family run resellers were good value as their overheads were lower.

We used RTS tiles outside Tandragee a fair bit. https://www.rtstiles.com They were knowledgeable, experienced and a decent price.
  • saverbuyer
    saverbuyer Posts: 2,556 Forumite
    Agree with Paul, I find it highly unlikely you'll get tiles cheaper down south .

If you are wanting to push the boat out, Fired Earth and David Scott are fantastic but you're paying for it. Used them for my bathrooms.

Tons of tiles also worked out cheaper for some of the tiles I bought even with pallet delivery costs.

Out of the local places I used, Armatile were the best by far. Fantastic selection and good prices. Used them for the kitchen.
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,473 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    saverbuyer wrote: »
    Agree with Paul, I find it highly unlikely you'll get tiles cheaper down south .

If you are wanting to push the boat out, Fired Earth and David Scott are fantastic but you're paying for it. Used them for my bathrooms.

Tons of tiles also worked out cheaper for some of the tiles I bought even with pallet delivery costs.

Out of the local places I used, Armatile were the best by far. Fantastic selection and good prices. Used them for the kitchen.

Another +1 for Armatile. We've used them in the past.
  • lauraland
    lauraland Posts: 1,677 Forumite
    I used tons of tiles, quality designs at low prices even with the pallet delivery charge to NI. They do some fired earth ranges at half the price and the sample service is great.
    I got ham but i'm not a hamster.....
  • pepper33
    pepper33 Posts: 508 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    thanks everyone, had been looking at pallets, but it was really expensive to get them to Belfast
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure