No idea how many followers I have on twitter.

I only follow people to enter their competitions. Every now and again I get a tweet saying someone is following me, no idea who they are.
I can only take it that it is the people who set the competitions.
Saying that, all my retweets must go to the people running competitions.
If they know that I enter a lot of competitions is there any chance that they will let me win theirs?
GONE ENGLAND

Comments

• Marg2k8
    Marg2k8 Posts: 5,838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I only follow people to enter their competitions. Every now and again I get a tweet saying someone is following me, no idea who they are.
    I can only take it that it is the people who set the competitions.
    Saying that, all my retweets must go to the people running competitions.
    If they know that I enter a lot of competitions is there any chance that they will let me win theirs?

The people following you may be a mix of people. Some could run competitions, others might follow anyone that tweets a particular hashtag, others could be bots who follow loads of people in the hope that you follow them back and build their followers.

My tweets are 99% about competitions too. You could try tweeting about other stuff to mix it up a bit if you want. If a draw is done randomly and fairly, it should make no difference and nobody in their right mind is going to admit that their draw is anything other than fair, but some won't be done fairly and some will choose a friend, colleague or neighbour as the winner. It only takes seconds to enter, so just enter and hope.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure